will this universal system work?

-
SHoot you know what i have a set of 3in outlet headers i dont think that will work.

That looks like a cheap, poorly built setup that would probably be a pain to get it to work in a Duster. I think that system is probably for trucks. Try Pypes. That's where I got my 2.5" X-pipe exhaust. It was more or less a universal kit except for the tailpipes. I got it installed in about 3 or 4 hours.

ok pypes ill check it out. yeah i thought it looked a little to cheap.

i used a universal set from Jegs. I was very happy with the results. I put every bend in the exhaust were I wanted it.

yep that 30500 is the one i whent with! thanks for all the help guys.

I just finished installing that Jegs 2 1/2 setup tonight. I also used the Jegs headers and their 2 1/2 inch H pipe kit. The passenger side of that kit using the Jegs headers not the Hookers needed 3" taken out of one of the straight sections. They needed cutting to fit in the H pipe anyway. I think it sounds pretty good but I didn't drive it tonight, just burned off all the oil I spilled installing those headers! I still need to install the passenger side end hanger and trim the ends and figure out what tips to use.

Those headers do hang low. I still have small 215/65/14s on the front and the torsion bars might be a little low but they skim about 3" off the ground. Once I put my disc setup on the front I'll run 225/60/15s and turn those bars up a bit.

I'll try for some pics tomorrow.

I just finished installing that Jegs 2 1/2 setup tonight. I also used the Jegs headers and their 2 1/2 inch H pipe kit. The passenger side of that kit using the Jegs headers not the Hookers needed 3" taken out of one of the straight sections. They needed cutting to fit in the H pipe anyway. I think it sounds pretty good but I didn't drive it tonight, just burned off all the oil I spilled installing those headers! I still need to install the passenger side end hanger and trim the ends and figure out what tips to use.

Those headers do hang low. I still have small 215/65/14s on the front and the torsion bars might be a little low but they skim about 3" off the ground. Once I put my disc setup on the front I'll run 225/60/15s and turn those bars up a bit.

I'll try for some pics tomorrow.

WE gunna get to see those pics?

I had to work. I did get to take a spin and it sounds great. Not to loud not to soft, the Harley next to me at the light was way louder. 4 year old daughter said Cinderella should have gotten a Barracuda from the fairy instead of the carriage! It's even lower then I thought but my car is really low in the front. A couple of baby speed bumps at Walmart scraped as did a dip in the road at 35mph. I'm off tomorrow and it should be nice for pictures. I ordered some stainless slash cut tips from Jegs but they are 4 days off still. So I haven't cut off the excess yet and that looks bad. Also need to adjust a bit as something is knocking in the back when idling in gear.

I just put this system from Summit http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-680144/ on my 68 Barracuda. I also got the Summit x-pipe kit.

The kit is made by IMCO the same people that make Maremount and Cherry Bomb exhaust. The mufflers in the kit are turbo's and all the pipes are mandrel bent. It's very likely the Jeg kit is from the same place.

Because I was also installing an x-pipe everything in front of the mufflers wound up being cut and welded. They advertise that the kit is designed to work with Hooker Headers and I can see where I would still would have had to do some cutting and welding on the passenger side to mate with the Hedman headers I have.

In anycase this system was replacing a compression bent system with a home made x-pipe that had Flowmaster 50 series delta flow mufflers. The sound is smoother and deeper than the flowmasters and over all quite a bit quieter. I have had the opportunity to drive the car with this exhaust to work three times this week and the wind noise around the doors is more obtrusive than the exhaust now. There certainly doesn't seem to be any noticable change in the power good or bad.

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

I didn't have time to jack it up, I have a video file of it running but don't have the time to put that up now.

Edit: I put the video up on exhaust sound clips.

-
Back