Will this Work( Header Question)

-

Mrkidd

Reaction score
someone is saling some headers off a slant 6 that was in a charger and i wanted to put them in my dart.....will these work with out much problems because they are the same engine or will some other parts get in the way...thanks for your help fella and have a great week end:spam2:

As far as I know, the /6 headers are all the same. Unless they did some custom work, or the headers are an aftermarket.. If they're stock, they should just swap right out.

What year charger? 71+, I'm assuming?

As far as I know, the /6 headers are all the same. Unless they did some custom work, or the headers are an aftermarket.. If they're stock, they should just swap right out.

What year charger? 71+, I'm assuming?

i think so but they do look after market thats why i was wondering if it was a problem so if stock no problem if after market then it might not work...?

Pretty much. The mounting to the block wouldn't be the problem, it's clearance or interference with anything else in your bay. Relocated PS pump, etc, etc, anything weird they might have done, you know. So, if your /6 bay is pretty sparse, and the charger has a pretty sparse bay, I'd just do some basic angles and measurements, then run the angles and measurements on the charger. If they're close enough, you might have to wiggle them a bit, but it shouldn't pose too many issues.

You're still looking at an e/b to a swap, so.. just be on the lookout for complications.

-
Back