Windshield still leaking

-

sbh126

Reaction score
I just had my the windshield taken out and resealed today while I was at work. I was all sorts of excited to finally not have to worry about finding puddles in my car. Anyways, I get home and do the garden hose check and it leaks worse than before! Its kind of upsetting. I took out the glass and cleaned all the surfaces a couple days ago thinking this was my problem. Anybody have any tips on getting it to seal?

Its definately the windshield. I have the interior out and can see clearly where the problem is. Why exactly is butyl so important? I asked the tech if I needed butyl and was told that the urethane was better. even in old cars. When I have them come out and fix it should I request butyl?

When the glass is out I would take a good look at the lip at the bottom and make sure that it is totally intact and not rusted through any place. I had the same problem and have now found a spot about 1/2" missing at the bottom, will be fixing it ASAP.

If you read my reply, you will see that the Urathane did not do me any good. It was the butyl that stopped the leak. Plus you can always clean it up in the future if the windshield needs replaced. My guy also said urathane was the way too go until he saw and couldn't belive it did not work then saw that the butyl did.

But you go ahead and use whatever you think best. Just giving you my opinionn here.

:read2:sorry to jump in, i have same problem, drivers side only footwell,how hard is it to remove glass? i need to have a go before the weather goes bad again,.

-
Back