Winter... so... started buying

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
... some old school vintage model drag cars. Of course, need trailers and pickups too :D

DSCN0934.JPG

DSCN0933[1].JPG

DSCN0935.JPG

Last edited:
nice race team! are those currently available kits?
Thanks. No, these are vintage models. I have a few more i bought. i'm needing old, vintage pickups. I want the regular long bed mid 70's Dodge pickup to pull my next car.

Here is another. I did buy some "Plymouth" decals to go on the rear 1/4 for this one. The trailers are new(er). Cars and pickups will be old. I have a few more cars i bought too...

DSCN0936.JPG

DSCN0937.JPG

DSCN0938.JPG

DSCN0939.JPG

Cool! Im into kits as well. Current wip is a Revell 68 2 in 1 Hemi Dart. Going for a real custom look with this one. I also bought a new kit by Amt. It's a Richard Petty Ford truck hauler,and 1970 Dodge Dart circle track kit car. Also have a GTX kit waiting.I like building em but can only do so much at once as eyesight and body allow.

Cool! Im into kits as well. Current wip is a Revell 68 2 in 1 Hemi Dart. Going for a real custom look with this one. I also bought a new kit by Amt. It's a Richard Petty Ford truck hauler,and 1970 Dodge Dart circle track kit car. Also have a GTX kit waiting.I like building em but can only do so much at once as eyesight and body allow.
yeah, I don't have much time to build them anymore. I don't mind doing a little "rework" or "touch up". One thing that is critical to me is that the wheels roll. These are vintage kits I've been buying that are already assembled in years past. It's the way I want 'em. I do have a few others I bought, but I'll be needing to do a little work on them.

I already collected the dealer promos, but now I wanted the old "original" kits from late 60's/70's that were drag cars. Not many, just a few :)

Last edited:
Yea vintage kits are cool. Often times,they just dont make them anymore. I was after a kit of a Chrysler Turbine car,just not made anymore (Johan brand). But the prices on ebay were very high,so got the Amt kit. But that Amt kit used to be just the circle track car. Oh well,got a bonus Ford truck hauler!Im still waiting on my chrome paint pen in the mail. I think Canada customs has it.My eyes might give out before it gets here.

Yea vintage kits are cool. Often times,they just dont make them anymore. I was after a kit of a Chrysler Turbine car,just not made anymore (Johan brand). But the prices on ebay were very high,so got the Amt kit. But that Amt kit used to be just the circle track car. Oh well,got a bonus Ford truck hauler!Im still waiting on my chrome paint pen in the mail. I think Canada customs has it.My eyes might give out before it gets here.
Ever try a product called "alclad"?
It needs to be applied with a airbrush over high gloss black lacquer but if done right it is the best model chrome out there

Keep an eye on Round 2. They've been re-releasing a lot of old AMT/MPC kits including drag cars (and dragsters, I see), and they're competitively priced compared to what other manufacturers are releasing these days.

Alclad is a pretty hot commodity with us aeromodelers. I've yet to try it but I have a Monogram B-17G on the bench that will be my first shot at it. It's aluminum instead of chrome, but I believe the process is the same.

Keep an eye on Round 2. They've been re-releasing a lot of old AMT/MPC kits including drag cars (and dragsters, I see), and they're competitively priced compared to what other manufacturers are releasing these days.

Alclad is a pretty hot commodity with us aeromodelers. I've yet to try it but I have a Monogram B-17G on the bench that will be my first shot at it. It's aluminum instead of chrome, but I believe the process is the same.
yeah, my first love in model collecting is the original dealership promotional cars. I have the mid 60's to mid 70's mopars. These drag cars are just a "change of thought" for the moment ... LOL.

Being in Canada is pretty limiting for what paint products we can get. I can't even get enamel paint anymore,even in tiny amounts for models. I have a large stash of humbrols and testors enamels I bought up before they all got banned. But as far as new stuff,water base is all I can find.Tamiya,Valejo,and testors water base are all pretty god fortunately. The chrome paint pen Im waiting on is a Molotow? I think.

Like the cocktail?
. Umm,no thats a Molotov cocktail. That has a very tainted page in the history books,something to do with Joseph Stalin and his criminal bolshevic party doings...My chrome pen is sadly still not here! I think it's coming from Britain,so it's probably sitting in some Canada customs warehouse under suspicion of being a miniaturised weapon of mass destruction...sigh.

-
Back