Winter will soon return :(

-

Big Dad

Reaction score
For those of us whom live in the northern / snow states , what is your preferred method of snow removal off driveways and sidewalks at your home ?

wait for it to melt has been considered

For those of us whom live in the northern / snow states , what is your preferred method of snow removal off driveways and sidewalks at your home ?

I have a quad runner with a plow on it. I never use salt on any concrete, I use sand as it's a excellent traction aid and it won't eat the concrete and it can be swept into your yard and won't hurt the grass. Salt kills the grass, flower's.

I am somewhat thinking that is what I want too .. my new neighbor next door threw a fit when my driveway snow was put on his yard last year

I just hold a house fire ever so often, the heat melts that "frozen white ****" right off.............

You know what they say in Ok. ? God put snow there, He will take it up. Then, the other side says same about the devil!

Winter is car work and drive weather down here!!!!!

I tried Texas for 15 years , for the most part .. I enjoyed most of it , July and August . wow.. and too many people , too much crime

I tried Texas for 15 years , for the most part .. I enjoyed most of it , July and August . wow.. and too many people , too much crime
Where we are is wayyyyy too many people , and we have 1 traffic light for when school lets out!!
Its been hot in the Dakotas this year!! Its always hot in Texas!!

Reminds me of why I moved south. While I lived in Michigan I used a snow shovel most of the time, its good exercise during those inactive months and months and months of winter, ok, maybe not really that bad, but eventually I bought a snow blower during an exceptionally white winter. Put on the heat in the garage and get back to work on that Mopar and it will be spring again before ya know it. Stay warm.

I am somewhat thinking that is what I want too .. my new neighbor next door threw a fit when my driveway snow was put on his yard last year
I push my driveway snow across the street. Sounds like your neighbor just likes to complain. The snow isn't going to hurt his precious yard.

IMG_3877.png
IMG_3874.png
IMG_4858.jpeg
IMG_4857.jpeg

Screw your neighbor!!! It's just frozen water. He should be thanking you for the extra moisture you are giving his lawn. Tell him that if he doesn't like it, he can call the police. And they, of course, will tell him to get a life. I have a 24" wide self propelled snow blower. It works fine. I do my driveway/ sidewalk and 4 other nearby neighbors. It takes me about 1 hour to do all 5. I have pretty good neighbors, with the exception of the house directly behind me. It must be jinxed. In the last 20 years, there has only been one couple that was decent enough to even want to talk to. The other inhabitants (there have been about 5 or 6 families in the past 25 or so years) have been real jerks. Some new people just moved in. I hope they are better. The jerk families were the kind of people who would have complained about throwing snow in their direction.

Screw your neighbor!!! It's just frozen water. He should be thanking you for the extra moisture you are giving his lawn. Tell him that if he doesn't like it, he can call the police. And they, of course, will tell him to get a life. I have a 24" wide self propelled snow blower. It works fine. I do my driveway/ sidewalk and 4 other nearby neighbors. It takes me about 1 hour to do all 5. I have pretty good neighbors, with the exception of the house directly behind me. It must be jinxed. In the last 20 years, there has only been one couple that was decent enough to even want to talk to. The other inhabitants (there have been about 5 or 6 families in the past 25 or so years) have been real jerks. Some new people just moved in. I hope they are better. The jerk families were the kind of people who would have complained about throwing snow in their direction.
I don't get the logic.
I have several oak trees and a few pines, my neighbor on one side has one Oak.
If the wind blows some of my fallen leaves onto his property so be it.
I would never rake or use a leaf blower to put my leaves on his property.

Question is what's the difference with snow.

In the normal permitting process the surface drainage on a developed lot can not drain onto an adjacent property.

I don't get the logic.

In the normal permitting process the surface drainage on a developed lot can not drain onto an adjacent property.
The way some lots are graded or by natural laying of the ground sometimes water drainage from one lot to the next can not be avoided. Our first house always got the run off from the neighbors yard and I couldn't do anything about it because it was considered natural ground laying

I don't get the logic.

Probably because it’s hard to bag up or put in a recycle bin…

As soon as this hurricane stops soaking us with rain......I'm gonna go out to the garage and check my Tractor to see if I need to go get diesel to plow snow. If we had more snow, I'd get one of those blowers like @68gtxman has. My neck is broke by the time I do our road and 5 neighbors drives besides mine. I push it backwards with the scrape blade.

I have a tractor with a bucket, and a snow-blower, the rest can be done with flat coal-shovel.

Already have a plow lined up for our 96 Jeep….. now if I can just get out of this oven and give that winter gig a whirl!

25 years up north and all rear wheel drives. I like tire chains. Your driveway can be meticulous but that isn't where you're gonna get in trouble usually. 4x4s for the last 15 and I still need the chains but I've found a couple 5 gal buckets of beach sand gets us through those icy mornings on our hilly driveway. Just enough salt with the grip and the price is just right.... good luck!

25 years up north and all rear wheel drives. I like tire chains. Your driveway can be meticulous but that isn't where you're gonna get in trouble usually. 4x4s for the last 15 and I still need the chains but I've found a couple 5 gal buckets of beach sand gets us through those icy mornings on our hilly driveway. Just enough salt with the grip and the price is just right.... good luck!
Regular sand is best for traction, won't eat the concrete and doesn't kill the grass. Tire Chains are illegal here in Missouri

This will be my first winter since 2006 without a 4x4, unless I some across something really cheap. I've never used tire chains in 45 years of driving in Canada, not sure if it's dumb luck or just too dumb to use them.

-
Back