Wiper Arm Question

-

limegreen70

Pokorny Enterprise's
Reaction score
This is such a purist question, but I removed these from my dad's 70 Swinger. One says trico the other says amco. Did they come this way? Or was one replaced at some point? Trying to put on what the car would of originally had. I know it's such a minor thing but I like the details. They have subtle differences between the two.

20221002_123942.jpg

20221002_124008.jpg

I don't know which, but one of them is not correct. They would not have come with two different makes and styles "I don't believe". Anything's possible, I guess. I always wonder though, how in the WORLD anyone can ever replace nice stainless blade holders with junk plastic? That was one of the first things I did to Vixen when I got her, was find the correct arms and blade holders. I THINK the Trico may be the correct one, but I am not 100%. Maybe some more smarter than me folks will know.

I don't know which, but one of them is not correct. They would not have come with two different makes and styles "I don't believe". Anything's possible, I guess. I always wonder though, how in the WORLD anyone can ever replace nice stainless blade holders with junk plastic? That was one of the first things I did to Vixen when I got her, was find the correct arms and blade holders. I THINK the Trico may be the correct one, but I am not 100%. Maybe some more smarter than me folks will know.
Dad's car was such a hodge podge of all different model years, just thrown together to make the car road worthy. So I'm sure one was replaced at some point. It's such a small part but just the look of the plastic wipers makes me cringe. Looks like a new car. Thats The last thing I want.

I looked on ebay for you and there are some on there that are correct, but boy oh boy do people think a lot of them. lol

Put you a wanted ad up when you find out for sure which arms you need and for the blade holders too. I'm sure a member here has some. Maybe you can get a deal. I have an extra pair of early A arms, but they won't fit yours.

Put you a wanted ad up when you find out for sure which arms you need and for the blade holders too. I'm sure a member here has some. Maybe you can get a deal. I have an extra pair of early A arms, but they won't fit yours.
I found some on ebay to but I'm waiting for that one expert to chime in with so I can know for absolute sure what IL need lol. I'm sure there are a few guys on here that will have the parts for me. I'm never disappointed on here.

I found some on ebay to but I'm waiting for that one expert to chime in with so I can know for absolute sure what IL need lol. I'm sure there are a few guys on here that will have the parts for me. I'm never disappointed on here.
Heck yeah, there you go. @Lee Robinson might know which are correct. He's a good dude. I tagged him so maybe he'll chime in.

Look for sales literature of the time.

One arm has 1 rivet the other has 2 you might see that detail in the photos

Found this in the factory parts book

Screenshot_20221002-134539.png

Your looking for a 3431 041

This is on my 67 dart my dad bought.

Based on classic ind saying 67 to 76 it is the Anco

PXL_20221002_210040953.jpg

PXL_20221002_210131598.jpg

PXL_20221002_210810542-01.jpeg

-
Back