Wiper Motor Switch Schematic Doesn't Agree w/the Physical Part? 68 Dart

-

Douglas Acebal

Reaction score
Need some help. Yes, I searched other posts for answers. The wiper motor switch PN 2770378 should be original to the car. I am the second owner. Car was intact OEM when purchased.

Where it says there is a red wire, mine is empty. There is a connector there, just no red wire.

Then I have this lone floating blade connector all by itself, not indicated on the schematic, but it DOES have a red wire. Not entirely sure if it is somehow connected internally, inside the housing to the schematic indicated Red?

So, my question is: Does this loan red wire replace the schematic proposed red wire to the motor?

Wiper Switch Schematic.PNG

Wiper Switch 2.jpg

Last edited:
There is a 2 spade connector on your switch.
It has a dark green wire in one opening and the other opening is blank.
The red wire goes in the empty opening on the 2 spade connector. Others may want to chime in.

Do not go by that diagram, it is aftermarket. Go to MyMopar.com and download a 68 or 69 service manual. You may have to settle for Dodge/ vs Plymouth

Also get into the text of chapter 8 (electrical) and read through there's quite a bit on wipers. Frankly I hate Chrysler wipers. The linkage, wiring differences, and documentation are a PITA

68wiper.jpg

Last edited:
There is a 2 spade connector on your switch.
It has a dark green wire in one opening and the other opening is blank.
The red wire goes in the empty opening on the 2 spade connector. Others may want to chime in.
Thanks! Do you have any idea what the lone spade is for?

I found this hand-scribbled schematic online and they wrote NC next to it. That could mean Normally Closed, but it could also mean Not Connected.

F7EDD9BD-A509-450C-9F75-3C4C4FBDE891.jpeg

Capture.JPG

2770378 was used on 67-69 A Bodies.
The 67 model used that terminal spade for backup lights.
The 68 and 69 were wired differently and didn't use that terminal.

Last edited:
I have rebuilt hundreds of the MoPar variable speed wiper switches through the years.

@townsend is correct. The 'BU' terminal is hot all the time. It is connected internally to 'B' and is left uncovered. It wouldn't hurt to put tape / heat shrink over it to keep from bumping into it and accidentally shorting it to ground.

That switch is used in 67 cuda as well. Here's pic of factory schematic for 67 cuda. For our cuda, it is a white wire that goes in the "empty spot". It is for backup lights
Thanks! Do you have any idea what the lone spade is for?

I found this hand-scribbled schematic online and they wrote NC next to it. That could mean Normally Closed, but it could also mean Not Connected.

View attachment 1716281308

View attachment 1716281309

20240726_081804.jpg

20240726_081855.jpg

According to the wiring diagrams 4spdragtop is right on the 67 models.
Post #5 has now been corrected.

-
Back