wiper pivot lube

-

mad dog

Reaction score
Hello FABO, With the help from @davescuda the zerk fittings and nylon bushings are installed on my wiper pivots, my question is whats the best lube to shoot into the pivots?
synthetic? or regular grease that you would use on a ball joint? any help or suggestions are appreciated..Rich

By the way, i used the cheap auto part store nylon bushings and had a really tough time getting them to seat properly, i greased them and poked a hole in the ends and even warmed them up... In the end we tore them all off and went to the local DODGE dealer and they were in stock.
They were kinda pricey but they were night and day different, they pressed right on and fully seated with little effort, just something to think about next time...see you at CARLISLE...Rich

Rich is talking about the 73 and up plastic wiper linkage bushings or what ever they are called. The aftermarket ones are junk, the factory ones fit perfect.

CRUZE 418, I assume there is a correct grease product for each application thats why i was asking, and yes my wipers will be used ...

I guess that I look at our old cars through different eyes, and a lot of my friends do too. My 3 cars don't go out in the rain, plus, they do not get hosed down either, dry cleaned. Some plastic just deteriorates on its own, whether it's greased or silicone lubricant is used. I guess that I shouldn't have made the comment.

Well i dont plan on purposely driving in bad weather but like to be prepared just in case...lol
As far as the lube goes I just want the best product for the job and im not sure what the best lube for this job is... Rich

CRUZE 418, I assume there is a correct grease product for each application thats why i was asking, and yes my wipers will be used ...
The ones I have here are factory ones that were bought 30 plus years ago. They have a white grease in them already. And snap right on

I guess that I shouldn't have made the comment.
Nope. What you contribute is just as valid as anyone else.

Well i dont plan on purposely driving in bad weather but like to be prepared just in case...lol
As far as the lube goes I just want the best product for the job and im not sure what the best lube for this job is... Rich
I spent 32 years in the lube business. Trust the synthetic silicone.

-
Back