witch one to get

-

jride1999

Reaction score
car is a 74 duster 318 hooker comp headers,i wanted to build exhaust that comes out before back tire. i want it to sound mean so witch is best way to go thanx

i just bought a full exhaust system from pypes. I haven't put it on yet so i can't tell you how the mufflers sound. But I will be taking my 40 series flowmasters off cause i want something different sounding plus i'm upgrading to 2 1/2 inch.

Pypes also sells parts for exhaust systems. They sell stainless x pipes and pipe, and mufflers, you might want to look into that for your system.

www.pypesexhaust.com

i think they have some sound clips on their site too.

Steve

t/a or aar mufflers go in the frt an out the frt but there not all that loud an have a good sound . i really don't no if the after market sells mufflers like that , i'm sure someone does though .price now that another ?

Be it true duals, X or H piped first, end the muffler with enuff room for the pipe you intend to use. Example, 90* bend or 45* bend and tips, if you add them.

Muffler choice is a ***** to choose from. If your looking for suggestions on a muffler, just for the mean sound, then I think I'd go look at a Dyno Max muffler. But even a cheap muffler will do it.

check out purple hornies....thers another thread on here right now saying they sound pretty close to open headers

2008_68ValiantRaffleCar2.jpg
Here's the side-exit exhaust we used on our club (Inland Mopars) 2008 Charity Benefit '68 Valiant we built. Had to go to a side-exit exhaust due to the RMS Street Lynx rear suspension we installed on the Valiant. Flowmaster mufflers originally meant for a Camaro and blocked off the rear exit. Mufflers went in the muffler pocket in front of the axle. Looked killer and sounded great.

2008_68ValiantRaffleCar2.jpg

thanx i like this set up,just want the car to have good rummble

hey arent you the guy that posted the vid of purple honry header muffs on your 340? dont like em anymore? dont got the sound you were after? a couple guys on that thread say they sound pretty good...whats your take on em?

has anyone run the spintech mufflers in there car? not looking for real loud,just that nice mean rumble thanx

-
Back