Wizard cooling radiators

-

bmaudlin

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with Wizard Cooling radiators? They advertise an aluminum radiator that will fit a 70 Dart 340 engine with a M/T, which includes an aluminum shroud which attaches to the radiator like OEM. Just wondered if anyone has had any experience with one of these as to quality and fit, as well as cooling. Fairly pricey at over 600.00 bucks but maybe worth looking into. Thanks, Ben.

Some here my have had good experiences with Wizard.....I did not.
Purchased one from them at the Mopar Nats last year. Gave them all of my info, including numbers off the factory 2 core radiator along with a drawing and measurements. Made 3 trips at the show from his booth to my car in the show field. Paid cash at the show, and was told 4-5 weeks for delivery.
They beat the delivery time, and the radiator was absolutely beautiful, so nice in fact I wanted to hand it on the wall in my car room.
However, every dimension on the radiator was wrong, from the inlet and outlet locations, hose sizes, A/t fitting locations and sizes, and the factory shroud did not fit. ( I specifiied that the new shroud I just purchased must fit). It was so bad that the hood would not even shut.
They were very nice at first, but after several weeks of phone calls, exchanging more e-mails, drawings etc. I finally gave up. I was asked to send my old radioator in to them for a sample, which I almost agreed to. After some thought, I decided not to risk sending mine in as it might get damaged or lost.
I finally recieved a full refund, about 3 months after the original purchase. The explanation from Wizard as to why they couldn't make one for my car was...they believe my car to be a 6 cylinder car, not an 8. My car is an original 273 car, but I felt that there was no more point in arguing...
After discussions with FABO member Tony Fields, I purchased a radiator like his from US Radiators. Found a dealer close to me, and saved almost $100 over the Wizard one. Went from a 2 core to a 3-core, fit perfect and only took about 10 days to recieve.
Good luck with whatever you decide. Larry

-
Back