Won my first race in a while Saturday night

-

B3422w5

Reaction score
image.jpg
At Monster Mopar, Norwalk Ohio
11.50 index race. Pro tree, footbrake only. No two steps or trans brakes allowed
Here is the slip from the final at 4:25 in the morning. Late night for a guy my age..... lol

Impressive, what is the combination?

Bone stock 360 with 28 in the hole cast pistons. Stock crank and rods.
Cleaned up eddies. Airgap, 950, Dougs headers, 904, 8 inch convertor.
Have a cam that is too big, but was on the shelf when nobody else had anything close. Its 260/264@50 565/565 lift, in at 102.
Shift at 6, trap about 6400. Flat hood, 3285 with me, 69 Dart

Nice job! That is a good RT for footbraking a pro tree.

image.jpg
Congrats man!! Nice final run, and great reaction time. Must have been a long day...

Yea.... tired by the time we got finished... lol
If you lose even a tiny bit of focus on that tree, you are gonna be late. Which will get you beat.
Here is the semi round, i had the bye at 3 cars, and decided to run it out. 90 degree day but i thought the air was better and wanted to make sure i didnt have to blip it to stay over the index..... well the air was still sucky and i didnt pay attention to the tree.

Congrats! Nice runs man. What gear are you running out back?

Pat

Took my whiny 4.10’s out and swapped in 4.30’s.
Havent seen anything other than it liked the 4.10 better.
Its gets in high gear quicker and i dont think that is a good thing with a poochy motor. Have more track to cover with car in high gear

Pretty sure I saw your Dart in the pits Saturday at Norwalk. Looks really good that color. I like it. Runs pretty darn good for that "poochy motor."
Congratulations on the win.

Pretty sure I saw your Dart in the pits Saturday at Norwalk. Looks really good that color. I like it. Runs pretty darn good for that "poochy motor."
Congratulations on the win.

We were pitted right at the scoreboards. Color me gone was on one side, red 70 Duster on the other

Holy crap!! 4am!! . I won in Vegas one time when they ran the races at night due to the heat and pulled in the drive at 5, but that included loading and the two hour drive home. You are a man of iron! Great job!!

Bone stock 360 with 28 in the hole cast pistons. Stock crank and rods.
Cleaned up eddies. Airgap, 950, Dougs headers, 904, 8 inch convertor.
Have a cam that is too big, but was on the shelf when nobody else had anything close. Its 260/264@50 565/565 lift, in at 102.
Shift at 6, trap about 6400. Flat hood, 3285 with me, 69 Dart

That's a great build man! Congrats on the win!

Congratulations! You’re getting a ton out of that combo especially with an off the shelf cam. I love a pro tree! Can’t go back to sportsman! It takes sooooooooooooooo long!

Congratulations! You’re getting a ton out of that combo especially with an off the shelf cam. I love a pro tree! Can’t go back to sportsman! It takes sooooooooooooooo long!

Its been 11.20’s in great air before at 118+
Have another motor(418 stroker) to put in for next year that i had hoped to get in this year, but i have hip replacement coming up end of the month that cuts my season short, and i didnt want to get a late start. Lots of rain this spring.
But the motor in the car prints time slips consistently and its tough to pull something out like that, just to go faster.... lol..... cant believe i am saying that after racing a 9 sec car for years and years

-
Back