Won't start :(

-

gtxdude

Reaction score
I'm going to look at car tomorrow but thought I would throw this out tonight and get some feedback. 65 Dart mild 318 with 904 floor shift always been super reliable. We went for spin today got home shut car off in front of garage, cleaned off some bugs did some grilling with beer :) Went back out to put Dart in garage and nothing! not a click, nothing. I have headlights, radio works so not the battery also I have no ballist resistor so it's not that. Starter or relay, would neutral safety switch cause this? Anyway I'll get under it tomorrow and have a look see but thought I would put it out there tonight and see any suggestions from the masses, thanks.

I’d try to wiggle around on the bulk head connector on the firewall. Sometimes even little wiggle on negative battery cable.

Move your shifter into drive then back into park. If it still does not crank, hold the key in crank and push up on the gear shifter towards park. If this works your linkage needs adjusting.

Try starting it with the headlights on. See if they dim. If they do not, that's an indication the starter circuit is not getting power. If they go out and then back on when you release the key, it could be a loose battery terminal.

Went out this morning and of course it popped right off. First check was battery connections, they were both really loose, never really tightened them up when put battery in this spring. We'll go with that for now and make sure I'm home when I shut off the next few times. thanks for input from everyone :thankyou:

-
Back