Woodward Dream Cruise

-

mrdodge

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Is anyone going this year? I live in Pa but my wife is from Michigan just north of Detroit and we will be out there that week. I'm planning on bringing the Dart and thought it would be cool to meet up with some FABO members. This will be my first time at the cruise and might have to make it an annual trip out there

Kevin

I believe it is the same weekend as Moparfest and in my opinion there is no comparison, I go to Moparfest anyday.

It is in New Hamburg Ontario, less than 3 hrs from Detroit. There is a post all about it on here, a really good time. Woodward in my opinion is too big and too busy and the majority of the cars I don't really care about.

Thanks I'll have to check it out, I'd much rather go to an all mopar event

we have a bunch of summer cruises in the Detroit area now, most are much more cruiseable than woodward which has been pretty much a corporate event for years now

Thanks I'll have to check it out, I'd much rather go to an all mopar event
I can guarantee you will not be disappointed, if you decide to go let me know and we could meet up on the way and go together. I'm about 3 hrs north of Detroit.

we have a bunch of summer cruises in the Detroit area now, most are much more cruiseable than woodward which has been pretty much a corporate event for years now

I'll be in the area (lake orion/oxford/lapeer) from aug 11th thru the 17th. Are there any other cruises going on during that time?

I can guarantee you will not be disappointed, if you decide to go let me know and we could meet up on the way and go together. I'm about 3 hrs north of Detroit.

yea i'll def let you know if we decide to go

Thanks

I believe that the Blarney Stone pub at 11 and Woodward is owned by a member here! Parking is free there for FABO members who call and "reserve" a spot! All he asks is that you go in and have a burger and a beverage, which is easy to do cause the burgers are good, and the beverage???.... Well, aren't they always good with a burger!!

Call the pub and ask for assistance, I'm sure they'll hook you up!! I park at my buddies house at 11 1/2 and Woodward! Geof

I believe that the Blarney Stone pub at 11 and Woodward is owned by a member here! Parking is free there for FABO members who call and "reserve" a spot! All he asks is that you go in and have a burger and a beverage, which is easy to do cause the burgers are good, and the beverage???.... Well, aren't they always good with a burger!!

Call the pub and ask for assistance, I'm sure they'll hook you up!! I park at my buddies house at 11 1/2 and Woodward! Geof

Sounds good...thanks

Woodward is minimum 1 week of cruising everynight till the big day Saturday ... and you will see ALL sorts of vehicles ...

mrdodge,

I've parked at the Blarney Stone for the last 4 years. Bo, the owners son(?), is a very hospitable Mopar guy. Last year one of the local radio stations (WCSX) rented the majority of the north lot and left room for about 10 cars available for Bo's Mopar friends. I'm not sure if WCSX will be back for 2014. Unfortunately, I will not be able to enjoy Bo's hospitality this year (other plans came up). I've never been to Moparfest, but with the Woodward DreamCruise 20 miles away, I'll probably never see Moparfest. Let us know which one you choose.

I went to Woodward once about 15 years ago. Got harrased by some cops, got a BS ticket, some guys were setting off fireworks in the parking lot where my car was.........
I'll pass on that sideshow, never again

Thanks guys, I'd like to go to moparfest but I'll already be trailing the car 9 hours to get there and moparfest is another 2.5 hrs away. Woodward is only about 45 min away so that's where I'll probably be and my in=laws live about 2 miles from the Lapeer drag strip so maybe I can hit that up too. Hope we can meet up with some of you guys

Just a question for us U.S. guys,It's just not simple to head into Canada for a event is it???? Don't you have the custom B.S. to go thru both on the way in and on the way out???? I never have done it so i'd be interested in knowing-Thanks Steve

Just a question for us U.S. guys,It's just not simple to head into Canada for a event is it???? Don't you have the custom B.S. to go thru both on the way in and on the way out???? I never have done it so i'd be interested in knowing-Thanks Steve
No big deal at all, just show your passport or enhanced drivers licence, answer their few questions and you are on your way. Only time you may have trouble that I have heard is if you have a criminal record.

Another vote for Bo and the Blarney Stone.

Although last year we went up to Flint for the "Back To The Bricks".
http://www.backtothebricks.org/

Drove back down and hung out in Pontiac (got to see a few burnouts) until they closed Woodward.

Paul

back to the bricks sounds pretty cool and much closer to where we are staying

I will most likely be at the Bricks this year, not sure what night(s) yet since it's a few months out. I will most definitely be to Frankenmuth in Sept. Friday evening, all day Saturday, and Saturday evening.

i just heard this weekend that there's a show/cruise in Davison every friday...does anyone know about them or go to them?

i just heard this weekend that there's a show/cruise in Davison every friday...does anyone know about them or go to them?

I have been to few in the past years and it always has a real good turn out... GM dominate showing.... About 20 minutes north west from Davison the town of Clio has one every Monday night at the Twins pizza, that has a very good turn out also mostly GM dominate.

The weekend before Dream Cruise, our town has what used to be called the Helluva Cruise, now its called the Heavenly Cruise! Its a car show and 17 mile long cruise through the Pinckney Recreation area, and the towns of Hell, Gregory, and back through Pinckney, nice country! Used to draw huge amounts of cars, and I still think they get a couple hundred or more! If you're in the area....

-
Back