Woooooo Hoooooo

-

RobbAdams

Reaction score
I feel so special, I only suggested this yesterday!!!!

FABO is the most responsive site on the net!!!!

OK Lets see some pics, and get some specs from people who have hot slants out there.

I am planning a slant buildup in the next couple of months, and would love to see what others have done!

Robb

Here is what I am doing to the slant for my 66 Valiant. Gonna have to stroke it some more, but I'm going for at least 273 CI. That's a .5mm oversize 2.2 Turbo piston, which is roughly .060" over stock bore for a 225, in the new cylinder.

Shrunken bore.jpg

Mine is a 72 block 30 over, 79 head with 0.100" taken off resulting in 39cc chambers, I ported it as well. Clifford intake with a 465cfm Holley. Clifford shortie headers Yed to a single 2.5" pipe and a Cherry Bomb Turbo muffler.
Wolverine blue racer cam (I have no clue the specs since it was in there when I got the engine) seems mild since it pulls 21" of vacuum. I am running a Van auto trans(low gear set) with a shift improver(it chirps second with the 3.23's). 8 3/4 rear with 3.91's for racing and 3.23's normal driving. It has run a best of 16.35@82mph but that was with the Carter BBD. I have yet to get a good run since I installed the 4bbl, first the trans was slipping , then the rear broke then the power valve blew :angry4: .
MVC-005F.JPG

MVC-005F.JPG

Wooo-hooo indeed! It is nice having choices and I am happy to have one more! As for my Slant, it's a 53,000 original mile engine. Sometime, 15 years ago, the original owner decided to get rid of the car because "the engine went". I assume that some unscrupulous mechanic told him this or he decided this himself. Whatever the case, the car (68 Valiant) went to the junkyard. It passed through the hands of a friend that never got around to fixing it. When I got it, the engine spun freely and I was told that the timing chain may need to be fixed. I pulled the valve cover to find bent pushrods and frozen valves. After a head rebuild it fired right up! Here is a before pic:

engine1.jpg

And here is a pic with the new head on:

engine2.jpg

Now to do the rest of the car...

Russ

225 /6
Clifford intake
Clifford Shorty headers (ceramic coated)
Edelbrock 500
Mopar purple shaft 460 lift/268 dur
Street head shaved .100 & Ported
SI stainless oversize valves 1.70/1.44
Mopar Performance 340 springs
2.25" exh Clifford Y into 40 series 2 chamber Flowmaster
Pertronix ign
Blaster coil
Accel wires
Blue Streak dis cap
Mini starter
Factory Hurst four speed car

Bad little Boy !!!!!!

Picture 264.jpg

You guys are giving me some good ideas of what i can do to my /6 Duster!
I bought it to use for work back in May,top speed is 68 mph and that's with a good tailwind!
228801363.jpg

228801363.jpg

:headbang: wow a slant six section yeee, i was just looking around and found this its pretty sweet. lets see some pictures :worthles:, yeah i dont have a slant car anymore but i still love em :headbang:

I have been thinkin lately about pullin the "factory" rebuild /6 out of my 77 Aspen and building it to put in my Valiant. I thought that would save the original engine in the Val, not a big deal, but the swap would go pretty quick if I had a new one ready to slam in. Is there much difference in the clifford or offy intake?

Every time I read about an A-body now there`s that familiar phrase,"started as a slant 6 car ,now a .....yaddi ,yaddi ,yadda". One day you guys that have original /6 cars will be few and far between, since they`re all being sacrificed for V8 conversion.

Not exactly hot, but my slanty none-the-less --

DSCF1131.jpg

DSCF0857b.jpg

Don't ask about the FM3 -- that's how it was when I bought it!! Maybe that's why I got it so cheap!!

DSCF1131.jpg

DSCF0857b.jpg

I don't own a "Leaning Tower Of Power" but I respect them very much!
I have a friend that has a late 40"s Plymouth Coupe with a slant 6
that gets allmost 30 mpg with a 833 od trans and plenty of "torque".
Good show guys! Mike

Chrysler made a lot of good engines over the years, but only 2 stand out in my mind as legendary - the 426 hemi and the slant six.

-
Back