Worth the switch?

-

slowdown

Reaction score
So I just came across a old video where they put some trickflow 190 heads on a small block 410 stroker. I looked around on the web and it seems these heads are sold out everywhere I looked. So here’s the question and I know it goes along with how fast u wanna go,do u race and all that. But I only want to know if switching from a set of rhs la heads to these if I find them would be worth anything. Thanks.

So I just came across a old video where they put some trickflow 190 heads on a small block 410 stroker. I looked around on the web and it seems these heads are sold out everywhere I looked. So here’s the question and I know it goes along with how fast u wanna go,do u race and all that. But I only want to know if switching from a set of rhs la heads to these if I find them would be worth anything. Thanks.
Probably, but it won't be much more than the weight savings if you don't change the camshaft to match the heads.

Not sure was the rhs la heads are, but my dad has a 408 he swapped OOTB edelbrock with the Trick Flows. That was the only change he made. Won't know for sure how much the car will pickup until about the end of April when our race season starts. He's hoping for 2-3 tenths.

Not sure was the rhs la heads are, but my dad has a 408 he swapped OOTB edelbrock with the Trick Flows. That was the only change he made. Won't know for sure how much the car will pickup until about the end of April when our race season starts. He's hoping for 2-3 tenths.
Depending on if your dads engine is setup to leverage the extra flow, it could see a much bigger gain than that. The Trick Flow heads flow about the same as my fully ported Edelbrocks (293cfm).

Not an apples to apples comparo, but my old 360 with OOTB Edelbrocks and a 509 MP cam ran 12.5...I rebuilt that motor with a 4 inch crank (410 cubes) and had the heads ported, along with a street friendly 10.8:1 compression....that motor went 10.7 all day every day with a "relatively mild" cam, with a best of 10.57.

Depending on if your dads engine is setup to leverage the extra flow, it could see a much bigger gain than that. The Trick Flow heads flow about the same as my fully ported Edelbrocks (293cfm).

Not an apples to apples comparo, but my old 360 with OOTB Edelbrocks and a 509 MP cam ran 12.5...I rebuilt that motor with a 4 inch crank (410 cubes) and had the heads ported, along with a street friendly 10.8:1 compression....that motor went 10.7 all day every day with a "relatively mild" cam, with a best of 10.57.
What did it run before the upgrades

-
Back