WOW!!! Prudhomme Announces Retirement!

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Here's a link to the story from NHRA.com
http://www.nhra.com/story/2010/1/7/prudhomme-announces-retirement-from-drag-racing/

It's just not going to be the same without the Snake. He's been a fixture on the SoCal drag racing scene as long as I've been attending races since the mid-60s and ever since I first started following NHRA racing before that. I remember the beautiful Greer-Black-Prudhomme front-engine dragster at Pomona. And the 'Snake vs. Mongoose' rivalry from the early '70s changed drag racing forever.
I know he was having difficulty finding a new sponsor since U.S. Smokeless Tobacco left last year. I wonder where his Snake Racing operation and Spencer Massey will end up.

The snake is a legend.I was lucky enough to see him race many times at Seattle International Raceways (RIP)back in the day.Whenever the snake came to town the stands were always full.Him and 240 Gordy Bonnet. Speaking of old race tracks do you remember the name of the track that used to be in the Carson/Longbeach area like back in the 60's?

Speaking of old race tracks do you remember the name of the track that used to be in the Carson/Longbeach area like back in the 60's?

That was Lions. Great air at both Lions and OCIR since they were both so close to the ocean.
BTW, I believe you're thinking of "240 Gordie" Bonin.

-
Back