Wrong floor patch?

-

tomcopbar

Reaction score
Converting my 71 Swinger from 904 to A-833. The floor patch I have fits on three sides very well. the back of the patch sits higher off the floor than it should. Does anyone know if I got the wrong patch? Of course the number sticker is gone... Through visual comparisons online I have seen ones similar with the same or deeper rear section. Has anyone had any issues installing these? The only part I can read on the sticker is *****40C Sherman & Assoc.

thumbnail_IMG_20200616_193723.jpg

thumbnail_Screenshot_20200616-193025.png

Looks like Sherman used a ‘76 car as their model. The catalytic converter cars had a bump in the floor pan there to make room for the cat.

Never seen one like this. The AMD ones are EPDM coated black primer. I agree w 72bluNblu

Well that's lame. Smash it until it works I guess, no way the Department of War and Finance is going to allow me to buy a new one.

I would cut a slice in the two high sides where the lip turns. , bend it down and use it as a flange for a filler piece. Or
make it a secret under the rug

It's called, "Beat to fit, paint to match". That's what our old body & paint instructor told us in the 60's. LMAO

Converting my 71 Swinger from 904 to A-833. The floor patch I have fits on three sides very well. the back of the patch sits higher off the floor than it should. Does anyone know if I got the wrong patch? Of course the number sticker is gone... Through visual comparisons online I have seen ones similar with the same or deeper rear section. Has anyone had any issues installing these? The only part I can read on the sticker is *****40C Sherman & Assoc.

View attachment 1715548467

View attachment 1715548468
72bluNblu is right, but these different floors are '75 and '76 to provide room for the cat con.
On a '75 and '76 A-Body, with the floor raised in this area, the bucket seat track is shorter on the driver's side close to the transmission tunnel as well. (A little bit of trivia)
Some cars in these last 2 years of production didn't have the cat con but still got the raised floor anyway.

All you have to do is slice the back part where the hole is, drop the flanged part down flush with the floor, and fabricate a piece to fit in between the bottom lip and the back side.
Easy peasy.
The one from Summit is the correct one, and it is made by AMD not Sherman.
If you did order it from Summit and paid AMD prices and got Sherman parts, then send it back for an exchange.
And if that's a problem, then just do the easy modification to the Sherman one.

-
Back