-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartalltheway

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I need a carburator for my /6, the one it's got has seen it's best years and is gonna die soon. Just wanted any advice on where to get one for cheap, and what kind to stay away from.

If yours is not physically damaged, I'd put a kit in it. Neither the Holley or the Carter 1bbl's were the greatest. If you can find a Carter that isn't warped, I'd go with that or if you have the cash, get a new replacement of the correct type. If you want a used carb to build, post your year, model, and engine size and we'll check to see what we have.

I have a nice clean Holley 1bbl off a 67 225. Please PM me here if interested.

I need a carb for a 225 /6 For my Dodge Dart Swinger, can be a 1bbl or 2bbl. Doesn't matter to me.

Well what does yours have? You can't just switch between 1bbl and 2bbl. You need different intakes.

I have a 1 barrel right now, but I do have a 2bbl intake manifold in my spare parts.

if you're going 2bbl you'll need different linkages as well just a thought....holley 1920's are about the best stock 1-bbl you're going to find for the 225 slant 6 application, and they seem more readily available than the Carters. Check out eBay, craigslist (search for slant sixes and sellers might sell just the carb to ya), and the local scrap yards. Best of luck to ya hope it all goes well!

If you stick with the 1 barrel id run the holley 1920 if you find a good one or 1945 if you can't. I've had 5 different carbs on mine before is settled with the 1945. You can use the same jets as the 4160. My two 1920s both leaked and both of my carter bbs ran too rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back