WTB Yellow gsx mirror

-
Hmmm a Promo model? I'm not aware of a 1:18th Mopar model car, UNLESS its a Diecast model.. have any idea who or what company manufactured it?

Here is a photo. Yes it's a Buick GSX

zsv1as.jpg

ok, so now that we have a captain obvious convention in here.

You might be able to make some in Resin......if I am not mistaking Kegan is pretty good at this kind of thing.

might be able to take them from another make too because in 1/18 no one will notice the difference.

Ok I can look around too. Pretty bad when you buy a Buick with broken spoiler and my dad noticed the mirror. I could go back to work and look for it. :burnout:

Ok I can look around too. Pretty bad when you buy a Buick with broken spoiler and my dad noticed the mirror. I could go back to work and look for it. :burnout:

what does your spoiler measure ...hole to hole ....I might have one that I am taking off a car to re-paint the car and I am putting the spoiler back ...but its a 70 cuda

oh dang ....duh on my part ...I see in the pic that is a GSX specific spoiler I was thinking it was more like a go wing.

so on the mirror ....do you have the pedestal but just need the "bell" part or do you need the whole assembly ,......pedestal and all?

I just looked on ebay and found 1/18 scale sport mirrors

Check this out.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/BUICK-GSX-GRAN-SPORT-GS-ERTL-1-18-RUSTY-DUSTY-RESTO-W-BONUS-FOR-BUY-IT-NOW-/191255936871?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item2c87bdff67"]Buick GSX Gran Sport GS Ertl 1 18 Rusty Dusty Resto w Bonus for Buy It Now | eBay[/ame]

here is another 10 bucks cheaper with free shipping [ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/American-Muscle-1970-Buick-GSX-1-18-Scale-Original-unopened-/261535526287?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item3ce4bb6d8f"]American Muscle 1970 Buick GSX 1 18 034 Scale Original Unopened | eBay[/ame]

might end up having to get a new complete one and use the one missing parts for a really neat salvage yard diorama :)

I think Oklacarcollecto has a dead ringer. That is a diecast collectable, its MADE that way! NOT broken!

I'd almost bet that was a special edition model that was used in dealerships, BUT do NOT quote me on that! Not sure, I'd go trying to make it something it wasn't to be unless you want to ruin its value! On Ebay, they're going for $50 just about, and if you mess with that "broken" mirror, won't be worth 2 bucks when your done, only how much "you" like it at that point....

Spoiler, yeah, I'd actually contact the company that made it to help you get FACTORY parts to "restore" it....NOTHING less!

I think Oklacarcollecto has a dead ringer. That is a diecast collectable, its MADE that way! NOT broken!

I'd almost bet that was a special edition model that was used in dealerships, BUT do NOT quote me on that! Not sure, I'd go trying to make it something it wasn't to be unless you want to ruin its value! On Ebay, they're going for $50 just about, and if you mess with that "broken" mirror, won't be worth 2 bucks when your done, only how much "you" like it at that point....

Spoiler, yeah, I'd actually contact the company that made it to help you get FACTORY parts to "restore" it....NOTHING less!

Ah thanks :) i bought the car at Rite Aid where i work. Also got a small police car too. :)

-
Back