WWII pic's

-
When I was little my dad was in the AirForce,we lived in Germany,so I saw a bunch of castles,battle fields,cemetery's,prison camps, and etc.I was there when the Hanoi Hilton boys flew in to go to Weisbaden to get checked out

Great stuff

I've got a book written by a guy who was some kind of in charge of maintenance, didn't have much good to say about our "Ronson" tanks --lights every time

But there was one interesting story about a Sherman who came across a German unexpectedly on both counts, around a curve in a road, etc. I don't recall what the problem was with the German-- maybe it takes awhile to swing the turret, but this was VERY close range and yet the Sherman guys could do no real damage to the German.

But our guys had "an idea" They had one or two phosphorous rounds and the bursting round polluted the interior air supply of the German and either killed or incapacitated the the crew.

Pretty frightening possibility... This is on page 4 of the WWII pics thread.

amerbomb.jpg

As well deserved the hate directed at the murderous Stalin, if not for the Russians, the Allies may have lost or come close to losing the war in Europe. Remember, (and even though both Stalin and Hilter may have have long planned to double cross each other) Stalin and Hitler were somewhat "buddies" for some period of time. Hitler was trying to get around the Versailles treaty, and had manufacturing in Russia.

If not for the tremendous attrition of the war on the Russian front, the fact that Hitler was certifiably nuts, and Germany's fuel and other supplies problems, things may have been much much different.

Some of the German technical advances -- even in the face of utter defeat, are to this day amazing. Hell, the rocket science of the U.S. came directly from Germany

Some of those pictures are extremely rare. The French Nazis, for example.

the first one i thought was cute! The rest are of my Grandpa Rousselot who was in the 635th Tank Destroyers (my avatar pic) the last pic is of my grandpa and some hollywood starlets

Attachments

• Dog.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 635th005.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 635th015.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 110
  • 635th008.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 635th013.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 635th2006.jpg