X-Pipe, H-Pipe, or No-Pipe?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
What do they do?

Is the "H-Pipe" now outdated? If I have it, should I use it? Is it better then straight pipe?

Thanks!

X Pipe is best in just about every situation. H pipe is still better than no cross over at all.

No cross over at all is just fine if you don't have the extra cash.

I have an x-pipe....

x pipes are the best as mentioned allready. I have heard the h pipe helps performance wise but honestly i would put one in even if it doesent it makes pipes sound alot better. especialy if you like flowmasters they sound terrible with no crossover pipe!

If you already have an H run it,its not that much diiference between the x and H,maybe a tenth or so on an 11 second car.The x or H is alot better than just duals,an H alone is worth a couple tenths over duals in a properly tuned 13 sec. street car.

O.k. cool. This is a second hand exhaust. For whatever reason they didn't cut the H-pipe in the middle, the just unwelded the weld from the straight pipe. So it's kind of a pain to reweld it yet again. I was thinking about just covering the holes and going with straight pipe, but I guess I'll try rewelding it after all.

If that makes ANY sense???

A good crossover pipe can help scavenge exhaust and reduce resonance. An H pipe may not be as efficient as an X pipe but would be better than no pipe.

Cool, the H-pipe seems pretty home made too. The hole in the straight pipe just looks like someone blew a 1 1/2" hole in it with a welder. I am kind of disappointed, but as you guys say... It's better than not having one at all.
It was free too.

Cool, the H-pipe seems pretty home made too. The hole in the straight pipe just looks like someone blew a 1 1/2" hole in it with a welder. I am kind of disappointed, but as you guys say... It's better than not having one at all.
It was free too.

Ive seen some jobs from exhaust shops that looked homemade so its hard to tell,alot of them wont take the time to make things nice if you dont see it.

-
Back