X-Pipe, Thrush mufflers installed. (Video.)

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
I spent the last couple days after work pissing around with my hedman X pipe set up.

I will start from the Hedman-Hedders back..

Front to rear:

Hedman hedders have the ball type collector flange.

Collector collar welded to front tubes and bolted with three bolt flange.

Front tubes run to Hedman X-pipe.

Rear tubes come out of X-pipe and go to Thrush, non turbo mufflers.
They are rumored to be flowmaster 40 knock off's, you be the judge.

Tubes exit mufflers and go to turn downs that dump before the rear axle.
Everything is 2.5 inches.

Here is a coming up the street riding second gear then opened it up a bit into third and let off, (residential area).

They sound pretty good at idle but have a raspy tone under load.
Let me know what you think, don't hold back if you think they sound queer, I can handle it.

My buddy John is working the gas pedal for me, still can't hear me at idle...ha, ha.

What's up home slice?...... pardon?

Hopefully they will lose a bit of that raspy sound once broken in.

I'll be the first......I like it. It doesn't cover up the power sound of your engine.
It's not loud and I like that too. I think the X-pipe does that. It takes the rough pulsations out. It will probably get a bit louder as they break in. Which model are they? Mike

Okay here goes the lightening is all wrong I just don't feel the mood, kind of dark and depressing.The camera way to shaky its getting me dizzy and kind of making me kind of queasy.

O:) sounds pretty decent to me needs some tire smoke to really make up my mind:profilel:

A little loud at idle but if the cops don't hassle you should be golden. What cam is in there?

Okay here goes the lightening is all wrong I just don't feel the mood, kind of dark and depressing.The camera way to shaky its getting me dizzy and kind of making me kind of queasy.

O:) sounds pretty decent to me needs some tire smoke to really make up my mind:profilel:

A little loud at idle but if the cops don't hassle you should be golden. What cam is in there?

Yeah, the tire smoke issue is a problem because I am having issues with my clutch which may be too wimpy for my engine and the car is built to hook and it hooks.
I will have to get my clutch issue ironed out and install a line lock so i can make smoke.

Nice job............... I bet that sounds killer in person........ It's also cool that you can drive your car this time of year! 8)

I'm personally not a fan of the dumps in front of the axles.. I sounds good, a little 5.0ish but with mopar attitude. I have a full x pipe exhaust on my Dart, it has that higher pitched sound like yours.. must be an x pipe thing..
Sounds awesome at idle!!!!

Bob

Sounds Damn good to me. I Like that Door bar on your cage. Is that one of the "pro street" Bars they sell in jegs/summit?

Okay you asked. Personally I don't like dumps cuss of the way the sound reverberates off the ground and back up into the floors, tried it once and didn't like it. I prefer the deep rumble you'd get with tail pipes, other than that she does sound like she's got some attitude all right which is a good thing.

Okay you asked. Personally I don't like dumps cuss of the way the sound reverberates off the ground and back up into the floors, tried it once and didn't like it. I prefer the deep rumble you'd get with tail pipes, other than that she does sound like she's got some attitude all right which is a good thing.

Yes, eventually I will take it out to the edge and put exhaust tips on.

I just wanted to get it hooked up and had to cheap turn downs that were not very attractive so I dumped them before the axles.
It does bounce alot of sound into the interior but that will change soon enough once I get the tips I want.

Sounds Damn good to me. I Like that Door bar on your cage. Is that one of the "pro street" Bars they sell in jegs/summit?

Yes, it was the Jegs or Summit kit but we bent the bars like that when we installed them.
Also had to bend the rear bars going into the trunk area because the kit, as it came, required bending to make stuff work right.

I will have to get another video in the daytime of the interior since was getting dark on me last night.

Nice job............... I bet that sounds killer in person........ It's also cool that you can drive your car this time of year! 8)

I know, it was in the mid 50's yesterday and sunny, but we are having a freak snowstorm today and may get 3" of snow, weird.

I think it's just mother natures way of invalidating Al Gore,....again, and again. LOL.

It's a Comp cam 260/260 duration @.050 .555/.555 solid lift.

Got the idle bumped up a bit to run, but the carb is giving me problem, running rich, bad power valve dumping.

they do sound flowmasterly. too loud for me. had turn downs und the car in the past and never liked it. car sounds good though,

I think it sounds damn good. I kind of like the sound that the turn downs give you.

whats your combo i have 1 of those comp cam 306 mag 260@50 555/555 cams hahahaha..if you dont mind me asking

Should go well with ford rear end too right?

I kinda like the more radical sound, it goes better with the paint.LOL.

sounds good, but would get old for me. i really like the way flowmasters sound dumped with a nice choppy cam and good compression, on other peoples cars. i dont think ill ever run them again. definitely no dumps for me.

sounds good, but would get old for me. i really like the way flowmasters sound dumped with a nice choppy cam and good compression, on other peoples cars. i dont think ill ever run them again. definitely no dumps for me.

On other people's cars, ha, ha.
Good one.

I kinda like it because it's more quiet than what I was running before.
I will eventually extend the pipes to the rear with some decent tips.
I like the borla tips with the spine looking thingys inside.

-
Back