X pipes

-

Robbie2734

Lambcharger
Reaction score
I just got the jeg's x pipe kit for my 67 Barracuda, th question is where's the best place to locate the "x"?? Near the trans tailshaft or back further? I like the looks of the kit, can't wait to put it in!

At the rear of the tranny if far enuff back and probably has the best clearance there. The X points location should be somewhere around the rear section of the trans. Not to close to the end now. You don't want any interfearance with the driveshaft. He he he

At the rear of the tranny if far enuff back and probably has the best clearance there.

I agree with rumble, that is about where I put the x pipe I too got from Jegs.

3211.JPG

Thats the way mine ended up in the Duster. Try to keep it as
close to the headers as possible, but not where in would get in
the way of pulling the trans. I still drop the exhaust when i
pull it. Just a little more room.

really it suposed to be figured out the sam way as H pipe placement.... you paint the pipes and where it stopt burning is th ebest place for it.. problem with the X-Pipe is how bulky it is and that doesn't always work.. i put mine where it would clear the drivshaft loop.. probably a little too far back but man it sure seems to work.. had to go up 2 jet sizes after the X-Pipe was installed.. the car now runs the same through the exhaust as it does open headders.

That old paint on the collector racers trick is something I don't buy into. I think very much you can go back father than the burned off paint.

Father back the better, but not until there clearance issues.

-
Back