XV Oil fill tube - NLA

-

Rat Patrol

Reaction score
How predictable -- just got an email from Scott at XV..seems they aren't making the fill tube anymore.

XV Motorsports changed the oil filltube from an aluminum tube to a detachable rubber hose fill kit.
The aluminum tube version is no longer available.

Now THAT is annoying...........

I know I can port the intake to accept a screw cap - but the fill tube made for a great air filter stalk as well- kill two birds etc..........

Anyone else got any ideas for a sensible oil fill fitting that doesn't incorporate a PCV?

0803phr_08_z+57_hemi_engine_build+.jpg

Why not get a set of the old style breathers, the kind that the drag racers used? I would love to have a set on mine, but damn they are expensive.

I don't know what kind of facilites you have available down under, but you could probably get a machine shop to make something like that pretty dang easy. It's just and NPT thread on the end of a tube with a bung welded to it and capped (in it's simplest form at least). If you wanted it to look nicer you could have it made from a thick wall aluminum pipe. Thread the inside on one end and turn the other side down and thread the outside.

Have you thought of other intakes? Like this one?

Already got as Modman on the way - I liked the idea of the fill tube because without the cap yu can plug it with a breather, so it serves two purposes.

Why not get a set of the old style breathers, the kind that the drag racers used? I would love to have a set on mine, but damn they are expensive.

Got a pic?

If you wanted it to look nicer you could have it made from a thick wall aluminum pipe. Thread the inside on one end and turn the other side down and thread the outside.

How would you go about getting the flared "funnel" end?

You'd just have to get a pipe with some really thick wall (if possible), or just a solid rod that you'd have to drill that's the diameter of the larger funnel end. Turn one side down in a lathe to the smaller diameter and thread the outside to screw into the intake, then the other side would be the original pipe diameter that you could thread on the inside for the cap. You'd have a transition somewhere on the pipe that you could make look nice. Hopefully the picture below gives you a better idea. The dotted line is the original pipe/rod piece.

Attachments

• Fill Tube.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 228
-
Back