Yep gotta get tti s

-

slowdown

Reaction score
I was going to get a set last summer before I got my engine up an running. But got overly excited an put my engine an old headers back in an broke it in. It was sweet other then now I have a little supercharger on it and it actually lifts the front of the car up enough to slam the header on the ground between shifts, when I'm getting on it hard. So live and learn, I have to go through the pain of putting headers on my car again. But not a bad day in Colorado for a little spin.

From what I remember, the TTIs were not that difficult to install. Just time-consumung. Ive had mine on/off many times. My 68 S-clone hit the road in 99.Every fall for the first 4 years, I would pull the 366/4spd and the 4.30s, and swap in a 318/904 with 3.23s or less chunk.Then May-long weekend, the 360stuff went back in.The TTIs went from one to the other.Sometimes I would pull it out from the top, other times out the bottom. Then one day my son needed a motor, and made me an offer I couldnt refuse. Its been a 360 ever since.
Back to the TTIs; The first time in, one pipe needed some "adjustments". It didnt take me long to buy a mini-starter tho. I dont have nearly the power that you do though, and she 60fts about 1.9 with the 325/50-15DRs.Still manages 93/in 1/8th. Shes been my summer DD for many years.
If you can manage to keep the X-pipe, thats a definite torque maker. I had to sacrifice it to install a GearVendor. I could really feel the Loss. Took me the rest of the summer to get most/some of it back with tuning. The hole was off-idle to about 3000 or so. Your application might not need it,IDK.Youll like those tubes, for sure.

Yes. Get the 800 dollar headers so you can beat dents in them like everybody else.

i will throw my hat in the ring for tti headers as well! tried many other brands over the years and never found anything that even comes close for fit, quality build, or performance.

I didn't have to dent mine at all fit like a glove took about an hour to put them on by far the easiest header install I've done yet (besides trucks)

I thought dougs have better ground clearance then TTIs?
might be something to consider, seeing how your main reason for swapping them out is ground clearance under full compression of the suspension...maybe that's something to consider, stiffer struts

i've never heard that one.. other than tti being stepped they a lot alike to me. you can usually get dougs a little cheaper though.

gotta wonder why the dougs never caught on like the tti header did.. pretty sure the dougs were around quite a bit longer. maybe poor marketing on them. i know i hadn't ever heard of them for the abody . i had heard of dougs header but never knew they had a header that didn't hang low like the ceep headman/hooker design.

dougs
dougsheaders2.jpg

tti
5-17-05001.jpg

tti next to headman
5-17-05009.jpg

Well they do. Friend has them on his 4spd duster. Better ground clearance than tri and not as many issue when fitting them with stock suspension

i've never heard that one.. other than tti being stepped they a lot alike to me. you can usually get dougs a little cheaper though.

gotta wonder why the dougs never caught on like the tti header did.. pretty sure the dougs were around quite a bit longer. maybe poor marketing on them. i know i hadn't ever heard of them for the abody . i had heard of dougs header but never knew they had a header that didn't hang low like the ceep headman/hooker design.

dougs
dougsheaders2.jpg

tti
5-17-05001.jpg

tti next to headman
5-17-05009.jpg

?? didn't have to put the slightest ding in mine when i installed them.

What k member are you using? Don't leave that out. Mine hit idler arm and drivers side frame. I fixed both but the idler are solution was to grind on the idler arm a tad bit

What k member are you using? Don't leave that out. Mine hit idler arm and drivers side frame. I fixed both but the idler are solution was to grind on the idler arm a tad bit

stock style 70 small block k-member is what i had in the car when i first installed the TTI headers.. only thing they came close to was the brake proportioning valve but it didn't touch it. had plenty of clearance on all my steering linkage.

see. stock k-frame.. :)

DSC02553.jpg

Well they do. Friend has them on his 4spd duster. Better ground clearance than tri and not as many issue when fitting them with stock suspension

so how much higher do the dougs sit? a measurement would be nice.. facts like that would be very helpful to a lot of guys here.. like i said, i never heard that one before. not saying its wrong. just i never heard it before.

not sure what issues you are talking about with the tti. but like i said mine went right in.. didn't have to ding them anywhere.

so how much higher do the dougs sit? a measurement would be nice.. facts like that would be very helpful to a lot of guys here.. like i said, i never heard that one before. not saying its wrong. just i never heard it before.

not sure what issues you are talking about with the tti. but like i said mine went right in.. didn't have to ding them anywhere.

I will see if I can ask a friend for measurements from k fram to floor then lowest part of collector to floor. But I believe I was told on here it was around an inch or more

The marketing of Dougs to the SB mopar crowd has been terrible for as long as the headers have been available.

When schumacher makes a header and says the "only" header that doesn't wrap steering and suspension... you have a product that isn't marketed well.

My TTIs never need the bolts tightened.My TTIs have never burned through. They never burned out a gasket.They went through 5 winters and 15 summers. At about the 10th year the left side began to leak where the top 2 tubes enter the collector. I attributed that to the winters and the salt.Your results may vary. I bought them for the ground clearance. I have never banged them on anything, despite trying.The rest was a bonus.

might be something to consider, seeing how your main reason for swapping them out is ground clearance under full compression of the suspension...maybe that's something to consider, stiffer struts
I put Kyb shocks on all 4 corners. I was looking at a dart in mopar muscle magazine that had them on all 4 corners with a 440 in it an just thought if they would work with that kinda weight I should be golden. And clearance is a issue with my hooker headers. But I'm going to look into stiffer struts also now that u mentioned it. I thought I was good in that dept.

Which headers, work best with 4 speed? Or does it matter. I also have rhs heads, an the hooker headers I have the exh opening on the flange are smaller and have the angled tops. I think the exh ports on the rhs heads are bigger. Between tti headers an dougs headers is there a better port match?

Which headers, work best with 4 speed? Or does it matter. I also have rhs heads, an the hooker headers I have the exh opening on the flange are smaller and have the angled tops. I think the exh ports on the rhs heads are bigger. Between tti headers an dougs headers is there a better port match?

Friend has Dougs with his 4 speed 360

Tti's or nothing for me had/have them on 2 smallblock dusters...:D:D

i love my tti headers.. may try the dougs next time just to see how they are compared to tti.. love to see them in person side by side.

I got a used set off tti's off a duster, going in my Dart, 440/727. They came pre-dented from the previous owner. ;)

-
Back