Yes or no to intercooler

-

Valiantap6

Reaction score
I am currently installing v2 supercharger to 318 but it's in an Australian ap6 valiant and not much room in engine bay so really don't want intercooler so can I do it without one? It's only street driven and more just show car so want power but won't be driven hard much

On one hand "street" suggests low boost, but on other hand I don't know what your weather is "down there" IE hot, dry, which would suggest need for intercooling. How about liquid cooled intercooler?

Our weather is not hot all year round maybe 2-3 months it's nice but only gets to maybe 32 degrees Celsius occasionally but can't drive car to hard on roads here either

How much boost? Under 9 and I would say no but over may require it. It also depend on the size of the turbo. If you are running a small compressor you are running it harder to get your boost and the more air thry need to compress, the hotter that air will be. If you are running a large turbo compressor, it doesn't have to pump as hard to get your boost level amd the charge temp will be lower. Same with a supercharger

What about fuel supply is it possible to use some type high volume mechanical pump or do I need high volume electric fuel pump, sorry but all new to me and trying to do as much as I can myself

I'm hoping to run between 8- 10 psi and really don't want intercooler and only street use, should I get car running without an intercooler and try it or is that to risky

I'm hoping to run between 8- 10 psi and really don't want intercooler and only street use, should I get car running without an intercooler and try it or is that to risky

A safe way to do this would be to run a water/alcohol injector instead of an intercooler. That way, you are protected against detonation and you can put the reservoir in the trunk if there are fitment issues under the hood. Snowperformance makes a good one. http://www.snowperformance.net/

http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/universal/8-universal-stage-1a.html

A great kit at a great price.

I agree, water/meth injection is what you are looking for. Good luck on your build.

A front mount, non-i/c system is really asking for trouble. Maybe it will be fine on 5-6PSI, but anything more you may run into issues. The water/meth injection systems will solve that problem.

-
Back