Yes, "The Munsters" was Funny, Entertaining, Still Is

-
One of my all time favorite shows. It always had a great lesson to be learned.

try and find the episode "Hot Rod Herman"
01-Munsters-car-dragula-drag-strip.jpg

I have seen every episode at least 3x .
Just binged on them last year .
Love that show!

The Munsters was what really put the master customizers cars on the map, Barris, Roth & many others.

Drag-u-la! Later to inspire a song title and funny/disturbing video for Rob Zombie's early solo effort. Back to the late 90's...

Hey, that's the Munster Koach, Hermans car! I guess big Rob couldn't fit in Barris' Drag-u-la. So cool Hot Wheels borrowed from it and made Rigor Motor...Grandpa says "Rat Fink' at ~15:15, creator Ed Roth was part of the Kustom Kulture of cars at the same time. Must have been a 'hip' phrase back then...gassie!
s-l640.jpg

And their daily driver had ten carbs! View attachment 1715538194

It did! Ten Strombergs. There was an argument over on the HAMB several years ago about them being fake, but they weren't. That rumor came from someone that did a replica of the car and DID use mock up carburetors mounter over a single four barrel manifold. The original car was built with everything you saw functional. It's a pretty badass custom build. The original car was built with a stock stroke 289....although there's a ridiculous article floating around that states it was "bored to 426 cubic inches". LOL Yeah right. In 1964, uh huh.

Yvonne was super hot...even as Lilly. No wonder Herman always had that goofy look on his face!

:lol:

C8964AB4-80C6-41AD-996B-CED71E4D5A6C.jpeg

-
Back