Yesterday may have been the end...

-
Yeh. That's still on the order of 300 miles from here, one way. for an old man like me, that's a 3 or 4 day deal counting a day at the races

Plus it's a mile above sea level LOL

It’s a 230 mile trip for me. Been racing there for 13 years.

sucks... atco raceway seems its going the way of e-town.. has been sold and sound sliek its going to be a huge parking lot.
The way people are leaving NJ, most of the state will be a large parking lot for nobody in particular.

The way people are leaving NJ, most of the state will be a large parking lot for nobody in particular.
People always says that. But as fast as someone leaves another takes his place. They are still building new houses , people are still buying them.

People always says that. But as fast as someone leaves another takes his place. They are still building new houses , people are still buying them.
lol, yeah people like me who after 30 years of paying exorbitant taxes, car insurance, fighting traffic on 78 and 80 and I lived in Warren County. Facts: Jan 02, 2020 · More Americans moved out of New Jersey (68.5%) than any other state for the second year in a row, and I know 68.5 % of the people from other states didn't moved in.

Damn, I was prepping my car to come up there later this summer to race & visit some friends. I guess that "ain't" going to happen, I had on my agenda to meet Doug face to face when I was at the track.

This is sad indeed.
I wouldn't count it out just yet, after November, the ''Covid 19 crisis'' will magically disappear if you guys know what I mean...........
2021 will be a different thing, and things will get back to more normal.
It's waiting out the storm is what's the real *****.............

Thing is, Jim, there are no other options up here in this part of the country. 500 or more miles to Seattle/ Tacoma and even more down into Oregon. Montana really has no major tracks at least in the W end of the state. Boise has a track a LONG ways from up here.

Have to get up and get moving. Anaconda, Walla Walla and Renegade are the closest tracks. For now...we are still having Friday nights. Craig is just losing his *** this year. No Festival of Speed, both funny car events cancelled, no concessions/beer sales. From what I was told he is just doing what he can do keep the county from closing it...that thanks to the "pandemic" the County stopped all negotiations in regards to a long term lease. Craig is talking about next year already, or so I was told. He did tell me that he does not want to see the track go away...I really think he is just doing what he needs to do. The way he went about it is a bit questionable.
He told me he was losing, on average, $1500 or so every points race. Up to recently he owned some sort of Agriculture business....pretty sure he sold it. What he was doing was just absorbing any losses at the track into his business..and writing them off. The week that the Liquor & Cannabis board shut down the Open Road Course event he ended up having to put that days gate fees into the bank from his own account...

lol, yeah people like me who after 30 years of paying exorbitant taxes, car insurance, fighting traffic on 78 and 80 and I lived in Warren County. Facts: Jan 02, 2020 · More Americans moved out of New Jersey (68.5%) than any other state for the second year in a row, and I know 68.5 % of the people from other states didn't moved in.

They moved out and others moved in. They came from somewhere. Houses sure aren't sitting empty that's for sure.

I believe most tracks will go under overall. They will be converted to housing complexes because that's what people want and they dont care about tracks.
All they need is a new housing track within earshot and let the noise complaints take off. Eventually, labeled as nucinse property and shut down. Sadly, very few will survive if at all.

I believe most tracks will go under overall. They will be converted to housing complexes because that's what people want and they dont care about tracks.
All they need is a new housing track within earshot and let the noise complaints take off. Eventually, labeled as nucinse property and shut down. Sadly, very few will survive if at all.

This one is surrounded already. Prison on one side, hotel on the other and all kinds of housing going right around it. With the county owning it, really surprised it has survived this long as it is.

I am originally from Jersey. Will never go back...
Needless to say their are all sorts of rumors about the track.
My wife and I have been discussing me building another bike. Long story, but my buddy has offered to buy my chopper for the price of what I need off of it to build another bike. My wife does not really want me riding anymore because of my back. I was just about ready to go have a sit down with my buddy about him just buying the bike outright...so I can put the $$ towards the Dart. Now....well...
Initially we were going to have the points races starting later on Saturday. Then have one on Sunday. Craig cancelled Sundays due to low turn out. Saturdays were going to be at 5...which is great for me as my camera gear is great with low light. I was going to buy $600 worth of radios so I could shoot remotely...just kept holding off. Then he pushed the Saturday time til noon. Ran out and bought some Neutral Density/Polarizing filters....the glare at SCR is HORRIBLE. Well....at least they wont go to waste...I can now do some long exposure photography...and can now shoot at mid day and get some...different....effects....

This one is surrounded already. Prison on one side, hotel on the other and all kinds of housing going right around it. With the county owning it, really surprised it has survived this long as it is.

I don't know how true this is....but I was told that all of that housing is on Tribal land...so they can not call the Airway Heights Police about the noise. This is how Renegade gets away with running Funny cars at night...except it is the opposite. Renegade is on Tribal land....I do know that the inmates have complained about the noise from the funny/jet car events. When the Sheriff showed up...he found out it was the track and just got back in his car and left. SCR will never be as bad as Pacific Raceways is with being built up on. A large portion of the pits is surrounded by housing....which is why they have to shut down by 5 frequently.

1DX29136.jpg

This field was taken at 2 in the afternoon. I used a graduated neutral density filter...just darken the sky...
1DX29165.jpg

The water was taken at 3 in the afternoon...10 stop filter, 30 second exposure. First attempt at it. This is right across the river/lake from me. Next time I go over there I wont be shooting from the parking lot, I will go down by the water. At least all of my camera gear will not go to waste....

The water...without the filter. 10 stop is dark...real dark
1DX29161.jpg

This is so true. Just Google Hickmans Egg Farms in AZ.
Where I lived in AZ there was a small horse stable. Been there since the mid 70's or so. People build up around it. Owner put up all sorts of signs, please don't feed the horses etc. One snot locker got bit. City came out and told him he needed to put up a block wall all the way around it. Guy that owned it was an feisty sob. He built the walls....and seen to it that the entire lower corner had drain blocks. Every time we had a heavy rain....well....the gully in the road was full of horse crap. Neighbors started complaining. Tried to sure him. He just met them in court...with the plans for the fence....that had various City departments stamp of approval....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

This is so true. Just Google Hickmans Egg Farms in AZ.
Where I lived in AZ there was a small horse stable. Been there since the mid 70's or so. People build up around it. Owner put up all sorts of signs, please don't feed the horses etc. One snot locker got bit. City came out and told him he needed to put up a block wall all the way around it. Guy that owned it was an feisty sob. He built the walls....and seen to it that the entire lower corner had drain blocks. Every time we had a heavy rain....well....the gully in the road was full of horse crap. Neighbors started complaining. Tried to sure him. He just met them in court...with the plans for the fence....that had various City departments stamp of approval....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I experienced the same thing outside of Queen Creek, Az. There was a cattle farm and the people started moving in from the land of the fruits and nuts and complained about the smell.

I experienced the same thing outside of Queen Creek, Az. There was a cattle farm and the people started moving in from the land of the fruits and nuts and complained about the smell.
Sounds about right. I worked with a guy that bought a house out by PIR. His development was right next to a dairy farm. His neighbors house was not even built yet and the guy was running around the neighborhood trying to get a petition signed to get rid of the farm. My buddy ended up having to get a restraining order against the guy...as did all of his neighbors. The farmer found out about the petition...and whoever did not sign it got a side of beef from him...I guess the guy that was running around with the petition did not realize that it would be Public Record once he submitted it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sounds about right. I worked with a guy that bought a house out by PIR. His development was right next to a dairy farm. His neighbors house was not even built yet and the guy was running around the neighborhood trying to get a petition signed to get rid of the farm. My buddy ended up having to get a restraining order against the guy...as did all of his neighbors. The farmer found out about the petition...and whoever did not sign it got a side of beef from him...I guess the guy that was running around with the petition did not realize that it would be Public Record once he submitted it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
They want the country living with city amenities. I know there's people in the desert that they haven't found yet.

-
Back