Yet Another Dipstick Question

-

jalake

Reaction score
The dipstick on my Slant 6 is snapped off. I'm having a hard time finding a correct replacement.

Can someone tell me what model numbers of aftermarket ones I should look at? There seems to be several listed, but not all of them seem similar.

Or if you know where I can order a correct one, that'd be great too.

Thanks,
J

Try a junkyard? They might have some old slant sixes with the oil dipstick still in them. if not, try nationalmoparts.com their's are pretty expensive but they are NOS.

Try a junkyard? They might have some old slant sixes with the oil dipstick still in them. if not, try nationalmoparts.com their's are pretty expensive but they are NOS.

Likely not hitting the junkyard soon. I tried nationalmoparts.com I didn't see quite what I needed. (at least not close enough for price/shipping) I'm happy to grab a universal one. I know I have 5 quarts now. I should probably just get one from a local parts store and mark it and call it good for now.

I've got one in a 225 if you want it. PM me if yo think it might work. It was in my 70 dart swinger with auto trans.

Have you considered how to get the remaining piece out of block?

If it didn't come out, you can screw a large self-tapping screw into it and use a slide hammer to pull it out.

Either that or pull the engine, pull the pan, then tap it out from below, whichever you prefer.:D

Fortunately my tube is intact, so no need to remove. I've got a nice replacement now. Thanks FJ5!

-
Back