yoda 8 inch

-

65ricekiller

Reaction score
I can get a Toyota 8 inch for 135 dollars it has posi and 410s what do you guy think about that swap? Its going in my 65 dart with a slant.

How's width compared to yours? Don't forget wheel bolt pattern, brake hoses, getting new perches welded, possible driveshaft length issues & a cross u-joint.

I have no experience with 'yodas just some things to consider.

Lots of things to consider,condition of the rear would be the first one.What you are putting in front of it? Are you going to put a v8 in it later?All in all you can put just about any rear in your car-given the time/money/effort.I have been around these cars for a lot of years,and seen some things that are great mixes and some that should never have been attempted.My opinion-you can find 8.25 mopars with the correct width.Toyota's are not bulletproof,but yet to find a rear that can't be broke-your money-your choice.

Seen a lot of 2wd v8 swaps,they hold up to 300,325 hp.The 2wd axle id the same bolt pattern ad dodge,5 on 4.5.You can search the parts books on the brake hose,or check Aeroquip and Russell for thread adapters.

The rear end is 58.5 wheel mount to wheel mount and I belive the 71/4 is 57? So the width shouldn't be a problem. Where should I look to find out about u joints.

Well thanks for your input but I'm going to go with the 8.8 posi disc setup that I found for the same money.

They can take so much abuse in stock form it's ridiculous (I've had a 2wd and a 4wd with that axle, 3.91 in the 4wd). Toyota DOES CARE about what they put in their trucks; not their frames or sheet metal though.

I am waiting for the Supra turbo Six Cyl in a dude's 93 4 runner to break his axle though, he's a jackass in that thing.

The toy 8" is a great rear, even their 7.5 is better than the mopar 7.5 imho. its like a mini 8 3/4 and have you ever seen the wheel bearings? they are massive!

The 8.8 is not a bad rear either though for the price.

You better change your name from 65ricekiller to 65ricepartsuser. I wouldn't put toyota parts in my trash can.

-
Back