Your Thoughts and Feelings on Dougs headers

-

DartThis74

Reaction score
I heard that Dougs headers are basically the same design as TTI, but can be bought a heck of a lot cheaper though. I am just curious to know what y'alls thoughts and feelings were on these headers and what type of problems y'all have encountered with installation and usage. I'm wanting a set for my '74 duster and will be bolted to a 360. Thanks for any info !!

Aaron

I have a older NOS set of Dougs that have never been installed that I got off e-bay for $160. Will be going on my 73 Dart with 318 once i get them coated. They are not a step tube header but have the exact same routing and slip tube set-up as TTI. Looks like the starter can be changed with headers installed if you use a mini starter. Quality seems pretty good but these are older units and cant say for sure how new ones are. It looks like the only real difference is that Dougs are a standard 1 5/8" tube and a good deal less money. I was going to go with 340 hi-po manifolds but current prices are just too high to suit me. I drive my car alot during the summer and headers will improve both millage and power. Only drawbacks are under hood heat, and they are not going to last 30 years.

-
Back