You're broke and cold, what are you doing for winter entertainment?

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Paid off all my credit card bills, for the moment, broke.... Work late evenings, early mornings... Besides irritating all FABO folk, trying to learn bass guitar, put my avitar turd in actual paint,& build my monies back up.
What are the FABO folks doing this winter?,....

Having fun hanging out here. I don't have any wintertime car projects other than collecting parts for a LD4B swap. I did send out my rimblow steering wheel to be redone.

Burn leaves off my property near the house, continue filling the freezer with fresh fish, Deer and squirrel meat, build my buddy a new dog house is on my todo list that can be heated and cooled , Thats about it till my lawyer gets a problem solved for me.

Work goes without saying, on my time its all Barracuda all the time. Tomorrow I will assemble rotating element into block and CC the piston chamber 1/2 down. By 1st of the year I will have engine done and painted. Then Hawaii for a week or so. Have to make transmission decisions and engine color decisions on car. Lots of "no money" work still to do on car so that is where I will spend my time and energy. If so blessed, drive my Barracuda away from my retirement party and start the next build.
"By the fire" DR:cheers:

Screwed around this summer and let the perfect painting weather pass. Now I'll have to wait till spring to paint the interior metal trim in my Barracuda project. So.....ordered the seat upholstery and stuffing so I could at least have that to work on during the cooler months.

I'll probably be putting a 72 Dart together in the snow and freezing my butt off:D

Gonna try to simplify my life by uncluttering/selling crap
I don't use or need anymore, so I can get back to the
things/hobbies I care most about.
I've got 50 yrs of crappola to sort and organize.#-o

WORK too hard.. but in the time off, still getting the new place organized, unpacking, clean and paint my bike. Join the garage band again but I need to practise a lot to keep up

Its a cool 72 here today. Same thing I do all year, What ever I want!

well I got 75 lobster traps to build at 9hrs each and 15 tangle nets to rig and I got to go to the woods and cut enough lumber for a building .

Build the Visible V8 kit I was given 3 Christmases ago. Unlike most of you guys, I've never rebuilt an engine so it will take me awhile. Since I live by myself, it can be on my dining room table.

Also I like to cook (I like to eat) I can entertain myself by trying something new in the kitchen, and it warms up the place in the winter.

Working 12s, come home and playing counterstrike, working on the rusty duster.

If y'all are looking for something to do, donating a 440 to me could take some of your time :)

well I got 75 lobster traps to build at 9hrs each and 15 tangle nets to rig and I got to go to the woods and cut enough lumber for a building .

Do you ship them Lobsters to anyone once in a while ??

I am in the process of getting all the paperwork and permits but the American boarder is not willing to let lobster in from a nobody like me very easily gotta jump through hoops and its hardly worth it. but I can ship to any Canadian airport within 24 hrs.

Hmmm, wiring the shop and lift, finishing out the bathroom in the shop, 74 Cuda project, 68 Coronet projects, put a stroker BB together, lower quarters on the 75 Dart.... Nothing to do around here!

I am in the process of getting all the paperwork and permits but the American boarder is not willing to let lobster in from a nobody like me very easily gotta jump through hoops and its hardly worth it. but I can ship to any Canadian airport within 24 hrs.

What are you sayin? A mexican can cross the boarder easier than a lobster?

now that car seasons over, hunting is wrapping up. I will be reloading , shooting trap and sporting clays and most of all, eating and gaining my winter coat.

Trade some Maryland Blue Crabs for some Lobsters ?? LOL

An unplanned cold has me scaled back from my usual getting old / lame / arthritic. Colds have ALWAYS set me down hard, compared to some of my friends.

Currently waiting on EQ heads, and just got done with the "free" Coleman utility trailer, LOL

Here in the valley of the sun it's now cool enough to hit it and get some car stuff done. Have decided to change direction a little on my Dart so going to redo some of the interior and a few mechanical things then start on final body work.

-
Back