Yukon Axles & 741 case

-

jefflock

69 Dart 408 10.08 best pass so far
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if my yukon axles are going to fit into my rear end without removing the spacer in the pumpkin? (741 case) Kind of a long question, Huh? Thanks

Pretty sure you only need to remove the spacer if you run those axles with the green berings.

Pretty sure you only need to remove the spacer if you run those axles with the green berings.

I thought the same thing, But when I tried it it seemed that the spacer didn't interfere but wasn't sure. I went and bought some plasterseen like silly putty
and stuck it onto the end of one axel and bolted both axles in and when I pulled the axels out I had almost an 1/8 of an inch of room.

I'm not what case I tried it on but do that same test and see how thick the palsterseen is after bolting in the axles, but I bet your safe to leave it in.

I also had Yukon axles with the green bearings. I'm not sure if there is a slight difference between the 2 different types of green bearings but either way the axle should sit extremly close to the same spot in the case.

Anybody else??????

My Yukons with green bearings fit fine into my old open diff 741. I did not have to remove the thrust spacer things.

I had to remove the centering pin when I changed from the tapered roller bearings to green bearings and 741 suregrip.

I currently am looking for answers on this issue so im bringing this thread back from the dead.....bueller?

-
Back