Yummy Smoked Chicken

-

megajoltman

Time to NUT UP or SHUT UP
Reaction score
I'm getting hungry, 7 pound range free from my buddies farm and no its not an old bird.

SmokedChicken.jpg

Kinda thinkin the same way here Joltman. Did 3 slabs of ribs and 30 burgers yesterday and now i'm headed for Wally World to get me about 10 slabs of salmon to put in the brine overnite then smoke em tomorrow. What kinda wood do you use? Sometimes i use hickory then sometimes i use wild cherry. Mesquite is good also. In Alaska i used alder. Thanks for a meaningful thread. You know, something we can sink our teeth in.
Small Block

Looks good Roger! Your making me hungry, but all I have to eat is fresh dungeness crab and fresh caught king salmon.

Sorry you have to tough it greendart. My BIL lives out in your area and works at a power plant near Yelm. He retired from the nuke navy program. Poor guy.
Small Block

Poor beer can....or is it poor chicken. What type of wood?
Small Block

Alder for the first couple hours then some Maple for and hour finish with the Alder all @ 250* about 5.5 hours. I find the range chicken cook faster then the commercial grade, it usually about 1 pound per hour @ 225*-250*

Hey Stan how is fishing down there I hear it going to be a bumper year by the fish counts.I can't wait I love smoking Salmon with Maple I make a wicked Indian candy if I do say so myself.

Alder and Maple work really well with seafood, too bad I never get to eat any, seems to vanish fast with all the family and friends calling dibs.:angry7::-D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y85wkQmRWhM&feature=related"]YouTube- TECHNO CHICKEN Feat. Domino's Remix[/ame]

Looks yummy Jolt!I like to put the chicken on the tri-pod then set in a pan of beer(keep ading beer)something about cooking a painted can in my food just doesn,t mix well with me.Oh wrap it all with tinfoil for the steamed affect.It,s been the juiciest chicken I ever ate!

-
Back