z-bar alignment/lakewood bell small block work in progress

-

skep419

No show, all go!
Reaction score
I am working on getting the z bar where it should be and just ordered some parts from brewers. I had the car on the hoist at work on my lunch break. It looks like the ball stud bracket needs to be just short of 1/2" forward. (towards engine) I ordered a ball stud that can just be welded to 1/4 plate.

Plans are to just tack the ball stud check fitment and have it ready in less than 3 tries hahaha.

Here is a video of what i'm dealing with.

Z bar alignment
lots of good info here

Last edited:
1467998973_zpsbu99bbep.jpg

1468500845_zpsa08h0boc.jpg

had my buddy use his computer magic and cut it out at his work on the plaz table.
had to hog out the holes to fine tune it.
Also had to bend the engine side z-bar slightly to align the clutch adjuster.
by moving the z-bar ahead the engine side bar just touches the starter. (and i'm ok with it because i'm not taking it out again!)

1468500852_zpseah7cfrp.jpg

Good work. It's been my experience that blueprinting the linkage to very accurate specs is critical in determining how well your clutch action/release works. Making sure that all the rods are at perfect angularity in relation to each other and that there is no wasted motion due to deflection will result in factory like clutch pedal feel and action, not including the pressure difference depending on how strong your clutch cover is.

Also, I lubricate all pivot and contact spots with synthetic disc brake grease. It won't harm plastic or rubber and is simply amazing for it's durability in harsh environments.

-
Back