z-bar pivot location

-

Tadjou

Reaction score
Could someone post a pic of where the FRAME BALL STUD BRACKET is on a 76 Duster. My son and I will be doing a 4 speed conversion. We finally have all the parts. We need to know where to mount this bracket.

I see that Brewer's Performance sell this one. Is it like factory? Not that it really matters. If you have on to sell please email me. 1969rr@gmail.com

tFB676.jpg

tFB676.jpg

tFB676.jpg

Exactly what I needed. Thanks.

It appears to be nothing fancy and I probably could fabricate a plate from say 3/16 or 1/4 inch steel stock and weld it to the frame rail.

Don't go that thick on the plate, you will be biassing the z-bar to much to the engine side. It's on the frame side that the ball pivot and bushing is fixed in the z-bar.

Thickness of the plate used won't move the z-bar farther in because the bracket is mounted on the outside of the frame rail. If the bracket was on the inside of the frame rail the thickness would move the z-bar in.

Chuck

Opps! Though it was on the inside of the frame rail. Thanks for the clarification.

Since my car was originally a manual tranny I have never paid any attention to the reinforcement.

-
Back