zoomies on n/a

-

Thenwhat85

built not bought
Reaction score
Hello I'm building a tube chassis duster. And I need to make the exhaust. I'm going to probably do fender exits. But would love look and sound of zoomies and it would be really easy to fab (so would the fender exits I guess) so I've read a little bit on zoomies v's collector and it seems you lose power on dyno runs but in real senerio gain mph with the zoomies. So what do you guys think. The motor is a 440 .030 over, trw slugs, stock rods with arp bolts, stock crank, soild roller cam around 630 lift (not sure yet) and I'm going to purchase the promaxx heads cnc ported once they finish their program. Thanks in advance. Keith

You're going to throw away a bunch of torque.
Zoomies work well with nitrous, nitro and superchargers as well as very high rpm n/a alky applications.
Gas and carbs...not so hot

Thanks guys. I figured the torque would be less. And I was just looking at the car yesterday. I don't think the zoomies could work. My deuz bracket for the lower fenders is to low for the pipes to go under. Side exits it is. I just like the look of zoomies. As I say if your going to suck at something at least look good doing it

Well, loss of torque or not, my rat rod truck is getting zoomies. That early hemi sittin up front wouldn't look right without them.

I agree, sometimes looks can be more important than performance. And if it's a hemi it's got enough power as it is. Good luck with your build

It's not how fast you get there but how cool you look when you pull in

I am the complete polar opposite! If my car looks fast it better be able to back it up. I love an old dirt bag car at the track that you expect to run 13's then it runs 10's.

I love the guys that show up with the big chrome engine with duel 4's or a tunnel ram then the car pukes off the line and falls on its face.

I build mine to look nice but it for damn sure wont be a poser.

my car looks nice and I'm embarrassed to say it runs in the 11's. Only had it out twice to the track and I already started a new engine build.

I would not do zoomies. If you do run them on a na engine and dont mind the snickers you may want to get a cam with the needed changes to the exhaust side. I would just run shorties

Yup fender exit it is. Nice dart 11s or not still bad *** street car. Everyone keeps telling me just get the car done it a race car. But I want people to think that's one great looking race car. I've seen a lot of junk that goes fast. I want to talk the talk and walk the walk

Planning any dyno time for the mill before install?Of course it would be some kinda
to evac. a set of zoomies out of a dyno room,but a couple of flanges and cheap tubing for a
makeshift test set could put the facts on display for you.........just for chicks&jiggles.
I suppose the dzus fastener bracket isn't something you can re-engineer?

I could redo the brackets, I'm not against fender exits. But I know all the racers would rag on me for running zoomies on an n/a motor. I like the way they look and if I'm going to lose a significant amount of torque then I'll stick with the proven stuff that works. And no I don't plan on dyno'n the motor though I would like to the money can be spent somewhere else.

The Guy that owns the Kindigit Design Boss Mustang lives near you in Medina, I personally love the look of the exhaust..If I would have seen this a few years back during the design phase of my build I would have copied it...regardless of torque loss !

Attachments

• thHB7TT0G7.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 284
  • thM6H1YK41.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 257
  • a-001-kindig-it-920-0.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 282
  • thDL0H7HSJ.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 230
The sound is amazing! I ran some on a big block FED made from 2" EMT mandrel bends. Kills a little low end but they did get attention.

Damn that is bad ***. Actually my car is at my parents in brunswick. Had the block machined by compu flo(rip nick) so checking out what this guy has to offer won't be to far fetched. Now I'm undecided again. Really like them zoomies

Well i made my own headers. Cars running good 6.10 at 111 2720lbs. But i want to go faster so planning a 512/400 stroker with enderle mfi and tunnelram. So im thinking this motors going to get a set of zommies.

20170730_173524.jpg

20170730_195719.jpg

Plan is 2.25" double wall from good vibes i believe. And the header i made are 2" and ill swap them back and fourth and see what performs better. Wondering if i can use an exhuast evacuation deal with the zoomies. I dont really have room for a vacuum system

-
Back