65 valliant fender tag decoding

-
1962to1965mopar/ornocar.com has a page that has help in decoding 65’s

I had my best luck with the earlycuda.org site listed above. Only item I couldn't get decoded on a 65 Barracuda was the V89 body code. The site says BP29 for the cuda.

I had planned on starting another discussion to ask but curious what you guys would pay for a car that I have found. It's a 65 commando with the original 273 motor. The car is rough. Interior is shot, will need everything. The gas tank is a jug with a hose in it under the hood. No battery, but told it runs. Tires all shot. Hasn't been on the road since the early 90's. Body appears to be all surface rust. Floor pans in tact. Car came from Texas.

Thanks.

I had my best luck with the earlycuda.org site listed above. Only item I couldn't get decoded on a 65 Barracuda was the V89 body code. The site says BP29 for the cuda.

I had planned on starting another discussion to ask but curious what you guys would pay for a car that I have found. It's a 65 commando with the original 273 motor. The car is rough. Interior is shot, will need everything. The gas tank is a jug with a hose in it under the hood. No battery, but told it runs. Tires all shot. Hasn't been on the road since the early 90's. Body appears to be all surface rust. Floor pans in tact. Car came from Texas.

Thanks.
All V89s in the little white book are 65 Barracuda's. There are no BP29s for 65 plymouth.

All V89s in the little white book are 65 Barracuda's. There are no BP29s for 65 plymouth.
Got it. That is the only thing that I think might be an error that I have found on the earlycuda.org site. This is from the site.

“BDY” is the body style or model of the car
CH42 New Yorker
BP29 Barracuda
DL27 Polara
PP23 Sport Fury
etc.

-
Back