G3 in 64 Valiant update

-

HR5058

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
New parts…I can’t figure out how to post first start but it runs great….in the garage, LOL!

IMG_0685.jpeg

So it does fit into these A bodies!! Would love to know more!!

If I put a time down, I would either be happy or disappointed, lol! Time will tell in the next week. Took it out for a shakedown run today and was running rich, but overall, it was pretty good!

do you have a U-tube account? if so load it on there then copy and paste the address here

I happened to catch it on Fakebook. Sounds really good!!

What header did you use... if any?

If I put a time down, I would either be happy or disappointed, lol! Time will tell in the next week. Took it out for a shakedown run today and was running rich, but overall, it was pretty good!
Fair enough. Lol I would like to hear more about your build. I am looking into stroker kits for my 6.1. Wanting to stroke it to a 426 with 12+ compression.

Thanks DionR. Some changes from last year. I took out the comp cam and replaced it with a custom cam from FRP, ground by Texas Speed. I replaced the inertia big valve pre-Eagle head with 6.1 MMX prepped heads. I took off the dual quad edelbrock intake and carburetors and went to a Ritter intake and a 1050/4150 QF carb.

I can actually say it was a major PIA and sucked and was horrible and………LOL!
Seriously, tell me how bad it was…

I can only imagine… not much space in the engine compartment… don’t think I will attempt this swap…

Seriously, tell me how bad it was…

I can only imagine… not much space in the engine compartment… don’t think I will attempt this swap…
Each header has 9 pieces. Two tubes on each side go through the inner fender and the others down by torsion bar. Made them slip tubes, just need to use muffler paste to make sure it seals. We put passenger side four tubes on and then just 1 and 3 when installing long block. Once I get the engine in I attach 5 and 7. Then add mid-pipes on all 8 into collector. When starting I just put the block in and took the heads on and off as we made the pipes. Was hard but after done you do feel good about it. Now if you go with after market front suspension with coil overs then it is much easier. Hope this helps.

Each header has 9 pieces. Two tubes on each side go through the inner fender and the others down by torsion bar. Made them slip tubes, just need to use muffler paste to make sure it seals. We put passenger side four tubes on and then just 1 and 3 when installing long block. Once I get the engine in I attach 5 and 7. Then add mid-pipes on all 8 into collector. When starting I just put the block in and took the heads on and off as we made the pipes. Was hard but after done you do feel good about it. Now if you go with after market front suspension with coil overs then it is much easier. Hope this helps.
Whew!! A lot of figuring out! Like pieces to a puzzle…

As much as I’d love to do this…. I’m not sure if I’d like to

-
Back