Jumped Timing Chain?

-
FWIW... jumping 1 tooth jumps timing by about 15 degrees. 13 degrees slack is a LOT, so it sounds you are on the right track there. My bet is it's gonna have about 3/4" to 1" of side-to-side movement if it is just chain stretch.

And, BTW, just 'cuz it is a new distributor does not mean anything.....unfortunately!

FWIW... jumping 1 tooth jumps timing by about 15 degrees. 13 degrees slack is a LOT, so it sounds you are on the right track there. My bet is it's gonna have about 3/4" to 1" of side-to-side movement if it is just chain stretch.

And, BTW, just 'cuz it is a new distributor does not mean anything.....unfortunately!

Thanks. I'm not sure if it jumped a tooth or just stretched like hell, but my guess it is stretched and may have jumped because it is so stretched, don't know for sure.

I will find out what happened when I open 'er up in the next week or so. I am so curious to find out what happened.

Non stock cam, could see a stock style chain wearing out. Guess we have to wait and see.

Non stock cam, could see a stock style chain wearing out. Guess we have to wait and see.

It is not a stock cam, that's true, but it has worn a bit faster than the cam is large. Still waiting for my friend to get back from out of town to help me change it out.

-
Back