Opinions wanted for best bucket seats to install in a dart

-

lee g

Reaction score
I have a 72 dart that I am converting over to a console shift from column. I am looking to put some bucket seats in it now and i am looking for people who have put a newer style bucket seat in their's and what car did they salvage them from

I put a set of 05 neon srt4 viper style seats in my 71 swinger. I love em. If you have ever sat in a srt4 with these seats you know how they hug you. I can go around fast corners now and not have to hold myself from sliding around. Here is a picture of them in a srt4.

Attachments

• Srt4 seats.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 377
I've got a set of seats from a 94 Viper in my Dart and they're pretty comfy. The big problem with them is that they don't lean forward, so if you want to get in the back seat you have to be pretty limber. The seats have a nice little pump up lumbar support built in too. You can just see the little blood pressure type squeeze ball in the front of the passenger seat if you look hard.

Attachments

• Viper Seats 1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 369
I had been thinking about some Chrysler Sebring convertible seats with the built in seatbelts and installing a frame for the seat on the underside of the floor pan for support in case of a wreck.

i went with the procar elite lumbar seats from scat..

seats050.jpg

Really like the look of your dart A body Joe. Are you running a B body rear end with Mustang Billett rims? These are my plans for my 72 Dart: 360, 727, B body rear with Sure grip, 1" torsion bars, and run the Mustang GT Billett rims. I have a Rally hood with the dual scoops and I have a 340 provisioned trunk lid for the Go Wing in the back. I am going to put the Hellwig sway bar in the front and rear. What all does your dart have.

I have the ones they sell at kragens etc, but I want to sell them and actually get some light weight ones like Sparco or something

Really like the look of your dart A body Joe. Are you running a B body rear end with Mustang Billett rims? These are my plans for my 72 Dart: 360, 727, B body rear with Sure grip, 1" torsion bars, and run the Mustang GT Billett rims. I have a Rally hood with the dual scoops and I have a 340 provisioned trunk lid for the Go Wing in the back. I am going to put the Hellwig sway bar in the front and rear. What all does your dart have.

thanks man, i have a standard abody rear converted to big bolt. i'm running rms front and rear suspension so the wheels fit with no spacers.

Decided to go with the Sebring seats. Bought a set today from a local junkyard. $29 for the pair. Will have a local guy recover them with vinyl to match the rest of the interior. Just going to have a time making brackets for it to fit. As usual there is limited room and it came with a bench seat so I have to put one track upon on the original bench bolt down location and fabricate one for the other side. Nothing I can't handle with a little metal and my mig welder.

I have Sebring seats in my '64 Valiant convertible, but they cost way more than $29 back in 2000! You got a great deal.

Did you remember to pick up the seat control module that is located below the center console in the Sebring? You will need it for the belts to operate.

I put 99 sebring seats in my 67 vert get the module from the car. I made a frame out of 2x2 tube and used the orginal seat hole they are nice and comfy.

Attachments

• IMG_1115 (640x480)SMALL.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 264
My seats are out of a 2004 and are manual seats. They did away with the control module on the manual seats after about 2002. I loose the power seats feature and the enhanced seatbelt features. ZIng 69 did you mainly make the brackets for the inner track since there was a built in seat riser on the outer portion of the floor pan towards the doors? Also did you reinforce yours from the bottom side of the car for extra support since the seat belt is built in?

I used seats from a 97 Avenger in my Duster because they were free. They are really nice seats too.

-
Back