Still looking for brake lights and turn signals... HELP!

-

OlDuster

Reaction score
I have been told my problem is probably in my turn signal switch. I pulled the wheel and checked out the circuits. I have power to the horn and power to the emergency flasher switch. NO POWER to the turn signals. Now, power at the horn and emergency switch removes the concern about the harness not being connected. My lights work fine when the emergency flashers are working so no bulb or ground concerns. Why no power to ANY wire on the turn signal switch? I know the brake light switch is working. When I touch the pedal, it lights up my 'light'. I understand the brakes lights go through the turn signal and then out to the correct bulbs. What is going on here? Any ideas from the NEW BOARD!

I would try a new turn signal switch. I'm no expert on electrical but it looks like your out of options. Now my car has another flasher for the turn signals. If the flasher is bad you will get nothing.

i just replaced my flasher, the turn signals would usually come on, but not blink, my brake lights worked. when i took the flasher out, i didnt check the brakelights, because i was working by myself. i took the flasher out of my DOA plymouth sundance. now my signals flash quite nicely.

BARRACUDA340S said:
I would try a new turn signal switch. I'm no expert on electrical but it looks like your out of options. Now my car has another flasher for the turn signals. If the flasher is bad you will get nothing.

How do I get the harness out of the steering column? If I do not have the flasher hooked up or it is bad, how will that effect the brake lights? Sorry, I never had to worry about such things with road racing. I guess I can take it to the dealer and let them fight it out. At $70/hr I hate to have them check all of the stuff I have already done. :x

I cannot figure out my turn signals and brake lights. I have looked at the turn signal switch and cannot find any source of power. No power, no signal! Can my flasher be the problem? How does that account for no brake lights? :roll:

OlDuster said:
I cannot figure out my turn signals and brake lights. I have looked at the turn signal switch and cannot find any source of power. No power, no signal! Can my flasher be the problem? How does that account for no brake lights? :roll:

Well boys, it was the flasher. Rabius was correct! I replaced it and the brake lights and turn signals work. One more problem solved on "For A-Bodies Only". Took the Duster out for a spin and it ran great. Can't wait to get a couple of hundred miles on her. Thanks for all of your help. :lol:

-
Back