Storm,killed,my,pickup!

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Computer.space.key.died!...no,pic,yet,but.what.is.fair,value,for,95Ram3500Cummins,230,000mile?I.boughtitnew.IT,is,totalled,HUGE,pine,fell,on,cab!Engine.and.AT.trans.are.great...Neighbor,down.the.roads.wants.it.

I would put a different cab on it and drive it not that hard to do a cab swap

24 valve Cummins of that era are pretty desirable. I don't know the value, but those motors bring pretty good money.

95 should have a 12 valve cummins
24 valve came out in late 98 or 99 trucks

being a texas truck it would be rust free and worth doing a cab swap to get it back on the road, i guess at 76 years of age i probably wouldn't want to take on a cab swap either.

Sorry to hear about your situation. With it totalled you can go through insurance or sell it for parts.

95 should have a 12 valve cummins
24 valve came out in late 98 or 99 trucks

being a texas truck it would be rust free and worth doing a cab swap to get it back on the road, i guess at 76 years of age i probably wouldn't want to take on a cab swap either.
Trying.to.figure.its.value.

Bill, check with your homeowner's insurance. There may be a clause there for coverage.

Motor’s worth $2500 around here, I buy 2 wheel drives nobody wants and put them on irrigation wells. Like everything they were worth more the last few years but prices are dropping. Good motors if they have had any maintenance.

Computer.space.key.died!...no,pic,yet,but.what.is.fair,value,for,95Ram3500Cummins,230,000mile?I.boughtitnew.IT,is,totalled,HUGE,pine,fell,on,cab!Engine.and.AT.trans.are.great...Neighbor,down.the.roads.wants.it.
Sorry for your loss
More sorry for your health. I am just 5 years behind you.

Motor’s worth $2500 around here, I buy 2 wheel drives nobody wants and put them on irrigation wells. Like everything they were worth more the last few years but prices are dropping. Good motors if they have had any maintenance.
Engine,trans,rear.good.No,rust!/I.am.guessing.$2500.to$3000

I would think that would be close, highly desirable for swaps,one wire to the pump and it will run.

Here is a 93 dodge pu motor, 200,000 miles, factory ran a air to air intercooler, I put a newer ford diesel water to air intercooler on it, instead of 190 engine water, I tapped of the discharge pipe. 56 degree water gives me 75 degree’s after the turbo, direct drive via plate made for the factory flywheel. A little cobbled but works great.

20230908_093048.jpeg

Didn’t word that very good, 56 degree ground water run through the intercooler gives me 75 degree air temp after the turbo and intercooler into the intake manifold, can’t remember exactly what the temp of the boosted air was before I turned the water on, I’m getting old. Factory would have had to been 190 or so plus the heat of the boost, iirc about 4-5 psi on this one. Cheers!

Around here, those motors will bring $5k+ to the right buyer. Didn't realize it was still a 12V, which is even more desirable

Update! I got my new computer up and going. (the puter nerd did actually!). I sold the truck for $4000. I put my pencil to it, and figured he would have in it just all it would be worth with his labor,,,,, buy a cab and do what all the little things it needs.

-
Back