1967 Barracuda 904 to A833 manual conversion

-

toomanyfish

Reaction score
I am looking at upgrading the 904 automatic on my 67 barracuda to a 4 speed A833. The petals/etc seem straight forward, and welding in the hump is not a problem. The 340 engine is all set with the bushing in. The question I have has to do with a shifter in a car that came with split bench seat, not buckets. Will this work? is there a special shifter I need?

Originally they came with two shifters, one for console/bucket seats and the other for non-console bench seats.

Originally they came with two shifters, one for console/bucket seats and the other for non-console bench seats.
I have been looking for pictures and not found one yet. I am assuming the bucket is mostly straight up, and the bench seat is S shaped, like the roadrunners/etc.

No. Console shifter is a "double "S" crazy bend going back to position. The bench seat version goes up and slanted back into position. Check pictures on Brewers website.

I have been looking for pictures and not found one yet. I am assuming the bucket is mostly straight up, and the bench seat is S shaped, like the roadrunners/etc.
Go to http://www.brewersperformance.com/products.php?cat=110 - they have all kinds of reference photos.
Shift lever will depend on which mechanism you use, bayonet or two-hole, early or late style- (both they will work).
1714577638336.png
1714577748395.png

if you go hydraulic, go with the Malwood under dash kit....Amazing kit and simplifies things quite a bit

67 came with an Inland garbage shifter.
The 67 Hurst 3836 replacement for a bench is the one to get, imo, but hard to find and spendy.

20200731_164152.jpg

-
Back