73 Duster build named Fred

-
Any history on the Daytona? There is a guy local to me that used to campaign a Daytona with Direction Connection colors.
I don't have much info on it yet but if I can make it down to check out this weekend, I'll get all the info.

Finally got my shark fin soup installed!

IMG_2969.jpeg

Now onto the next project.... I am going to cut out the tail light buckets and graft them into the rear panel. I decided this would be much easier to do that to replace the whole panel.
IMG_2970.jpeg

Wait, I figured you'd be burning down some drag strip this weekend, is it raining?

The paint I recommended was good for 2 10th's , the others minus a 10th or more depending on sheen.

I have duty this weekend so I didn't sign up for the race this weekend which got rained out anyways.... lol

As for the Daytona, I absolutely love the car and seriously considered buying it but after talking to the owner, I decided it is just too much work to put back together and I'm not that excited about throwing 25k at something in pieces right now. lol

I did however find a beautiful street legal B5 blue 69 Dart GT big tire, big block Super Pro car that I might buy. All steel, all factory glass, full interior including the dash. :steering:

I have duty this weekend so I didn't sign up for the race this weekend which got rained out anyways.... lol

As for the Daytona, I absolutely love the car and seriously considered buying it but after talking to the owner, I decided it is just too much work to put back together and I'm not that excited about throwing 25k at something in pieces right now. lol

I did however find a beautiful street legal B5 blue 69 Dart GT big tire, big block Super Pro car that I might buy. All steel, all factory glass, full interior including the dash. :steering:
What is duty bro ???

Weekend duty at work. Make sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing. I have weekend duty once every 6 weeks which isn’t bad.
Okay, good. That's very important that you keep em all in line.

Some glamour shots from the last race. I wish my converter would hurry up and get here already so the car can leave the way it should. lol

IMG_3004.jpeg
IMG_3005.jpeg
IMG_3007.jpeg
IMG_3006.jpeg
IMG_3008.jpeg
IMG_3009.jpeg

I see light under the tire! I'd say that's movin out pretty good
The loaner converter is better but still not nearly enough on the flash. Spoke to Kenny again today. They got my converter cut open and are making changes to it. I hope to have it back and in the car before the Mopar Dragfest on the 8th.

The loaner converter is better but still not nearly enough on the flash. Spoke to Kenny again today. They got my converter cut open and are making changes to it. I hope to have it back and in the car before the Mopar Dragfest on the 8th.
I'd wear a dress just to have my car done for June 8th..but both are never gonna happen lol

-
Back