accessory holes B1Ba heads

-

72dds

Reaction score
I have a set of B1BA heads on my 360 and need an accessory hole drilled on the driver side head for my procharger bracket. Does anyone have experience with this? How deep can it be drilled?
heads.jpg

just my thought and others probably have the correct answer but... do you have a cast iron head? make a template of that boss/area and transfer to the Brodix head. checking the iron head should also tell you how deep it is. just my opinion

I called Brodix and they sent me over to koffels place. Waiting to hear back from them. It looks like there is extra material on there for this purpose but don't want to make an expensive mistake.

It has been quite a few years since I purchased my Brodix heads, but I thought that they had the ability to be drilled for accessories. If I was going to drill mine, I wouldn’t drill past the thickness of the boss cast in the head .

I have a set of B1BA heads on my 360 and need an accessory hole drilled on the driver side head for my procharger bracket. Does anyone have experience with this? How deep can it be drilled?View attachment 1716244359
In the spot your circle is drawn there is 1.4” depth to the intake coolant passage behind it.
The intake manifold bolt blind hole is drilled about 1” depth, so it intersects that area just under your circle. Here is a picture with a mark showing where the bolt hole should end up intersecting. You can see the bolt hole on the intake face there on the left.
IMG_8581.jpeg

The coolant passage from the head deck surface is right next to that accessory bolt boss area and it is not as thick there, but you should not be drilling there. Here is a picture with my caliper pointing to the thinner area. It is thinner inside the coolant passage here, not just thinner on the outside. The coolant passage is seen below the caliper on the deck surface, kind of D-shaped.
IMG_8582.jpeg

thanks for the replies and the pictures. just heard from koffels as well and they said you can drill approximately 3/4 of an inch there.

-
Back