Mopar 8 3/4 Clutch Type Sure Grip Carrier Clutch Plates

-

340 RR

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am putting new clutch plates into my dif carrier. I bought a kit from mancini racing and I attached a link to the kit I bought just so y'all have a reference. When you click on the link and see the photo they provide, the left part of the picture shows the spacers with the teeth and the right part of the picture shows the clutches. I don't know if I am calling those right but we'll call them that for the sake of this. Regarding the left part of the pic showing the spacers, two of the spacers should be concave and two of them should be flat. At least, this is what a video or two have shown me when it comes to assembly. When I opened the package, I received four spacers and they were all flat. Does anyone know if this is right? Can I just add two of the flat spacers in place of the concave ones and assemble everything else correctly? The clutches were all correct; 2 thin flat ones, 2 thick flat ones, and 2 concave ones. Now that I'm thinking about it as I'm writing this, I can use the two curved spacers that came out of the carrier if I need to. They don't have too much wear. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Mopar Power Loc Rear Differential Clutch Kit

there are 2 kits available for the 8-3/4 clutch style sure grip mopar performance P4529484 which is more aggressive lock up and the Spicer kit 22233X which is less aggressive lock up stack for the Mopar kit is with your clutch hub splines up -- flat tabbed plate , flat disc , tabbed curved plate concave side facing clutch hub , curved disc concave side facing clutch hub, thin flat plate -- for the Spicer kit clutch hub splines up -- flat tabbed plate , flat disc , tabbed curved plate concave side facing clutch hub , flat disc , flat tabbed plate ,,, turning torque for the mopar kit is 200-250 ft/lbs for the Spice kit probably about 150 ft/lbs

Last edited:
-
Back