Ready to do some racing finally

-

B3422w5

Reaction score
Hopefully problems this year are behind me. Think overlap issue with trans is fixed.
My racing schedule this year was tilted towards the later part of the season to begin with
Next weekend US 131 final bracket weekend, then Moparty, maybe Norwalk Mopar weekend right after Moparty, street shootout event at Mid MIchigan Motorplex( maybe) then Mopar event in London, KY early Oct if weather is favorable.
So decided today to come into the shop and clean this thing up, finally.

IMG_1180.jpeg

Hopefully problems this year are behind me. Think overlap issue with trans is fixed.
My racing schedule this year was tilted towards the later part of the season to begin with
Next weekend US 131 final bracket weekend, then Moparty, maybe Norwalk Mopar weekend right after Moparty, street shootout event at Mid MIchigan Motorplex( maybe) then Mopar event in London, KY early Oct if weather is favorable.
So decided today to come into the shop and clean this thing up, finally.

View attachment 1716134282
No offense, that's a really bad photo of your VERY nice gts.

yea, I agree. I was working in the shade of the building and should have moved it to take a pic.
I would starve to death as a photographer..lol
Well, atleast you have great content!!!
The shade, I forgive you...I love to be in the shade

Congratulations and good luck! Enjoy!

Suspense...how did you fix the trans???

front band was at 2.5 turns out. Had swapped valve bodies to the turbo action cheetah.
talked to TA, told them what was going on, said the band must be between 1.25 and 1.5 turns out.
So, set it to 1.5. He was positive that would fix it, find out this weekend.

Just have to strap it down yet, then ready to head to the track later this afternoon.
Doing all this getting ready stuff in stages, it’s the issue that keeps putting retirement thoughts in my head:BangHead:

IMG_0066.jpeg

Good luck with that sweet dart. Kick some butt

Car ran good, driver sucked.
won first round because other guy was as bad as me, then broke out.
second round, I went red, opponent was 005 on the tree.
back at it tomorrow.
car ran 6.67, 6.70, 6.698. The 6.69 was in 2925 foot of air, very happy with that. All those passes somewhere low/ mid 10.50’s based on previous runs.
Threw a new set of plugs in it early this morning, had a high gear miss last night. Took care of most of it.
new fuel filter and cap/ rotor before next outing at Moparty

I think its the lame *** distributor cap.
mine ( msd),
has the two spring legs on it to clamp it down. with it fastened you can put your hand on the cap and it moves around. I like the ones with the “ snap bands) on them.
I have had several guys check this thinking maybe I was crazy, but they agree, including a buddy last night who is a mechanic and car builder who stopped by my pit.
I don’t know if it’s how the caps themselves are machined or what. Maybe another cap will “ fit” better. There is no real locking tab on the thing.

BTW, before leaving for the track yesterday, I dumped 5 gallons of fuel in the cell, thinking better safe than sorry. I have a 15 gallon cell. I pull the funnel out…oops, gas is all the way to the very top. I almost never mistakenly have it full.
Anyhow, decided to drive over the scale last night after first test hiT and weigh the car with that much fuel in it….3385
try and remember tomorrow to take my device and get on the scale in the morning after time run and take a picture when I am on it.

Last edited:
Man, I don’t remember sucking any worse behind the wheel than this weekend.
3100 foot air, put a 6.70 on it against a 5.70 car that has owned me every time we have raced.
car ran dead 5, he was 29 on the tree, gave me room.
I went .200 red, yea, not 2 thou, 200 :BangHead:
headed to buy back window, here, might as well race

first time at buy back window since year before last, but I will find my way
eerrrr

At least you're out there racing! Too many of us (me included) are caught up in life and not out there.

-
Back