Vin trouble

-
Actually- the rotation doesn't change.

But you may have a vent tube issue, a fill plug issue, and some interesting brake maintenance.

I believe it would on the wheels.
Actually- the rotation doesn't change.

But you may have a vent tube issue, a fill plug issue, and some interesting brake maintenance.i

Actually- the rotation doesn't change
It does change.

If the pinion is rotated clock wise the right tire rotated counter clockwise as viewed from the left side of the car.

If you turn the axle upside down the right wheel is now on the left side BUT the rotation is still the sameas before. Therefore it will be rotating clockwise as viewed from the left side.

Right side up.
PXL_20240504_222535633.jpg

Upside down
PXL_20240504_222606898.jpg

It's stupid to flip a rear end. There are pockets and runs that catch debris that are now on the top.

The ring gear now sits on the passenger side of the pinion instead of the driver's side, moving the pinion to the left side of the tunnel instead of going down the middle of it.

Does a person need to go on and keep explaining the disadvantages to doing this?

Crazy, Crazy.....

☆☆☆☆☆

I was thinking about the pinion.

Just keep it in R then.
You will only have one forward gear. 3 in reverse. Would be awesome in a demolition derby car and some 5 series gears!!!

Yes.

This copied from Allpar site.

"...There was a special version of the base coupe: the Road Runner. Yes, the Road Runner moved to the Volaré line this year. Not a separate model, it was a sporty package offering Rallye wheels, E70x14 raised white letter tires, blackout grille and taillight panel, special decal stripes, black interior and heavy duty suspension. A mid-year Road Runner option was the Super Pak, featuring front and rear deck spoilers, rear window louvers and Spitfire Orange with black and yellow stripes as the only color. Popular options included vinyl bucket seats and a manual sun roof. All Volaré engines, 360 and 318 V8s and 225 Slant Six, were available in the Road Runner. A six-cylinder ’Runner? What would have been anathema eight years earlier was reality in fuel crisis times...."
Well I'll be danged!

Hello vets I'm new here. I recently purchased a supposed 76 roadrunner but it has a Dodge Aspen Hood, 7 1/4 rear end, and the vin comes back as 1968 Plymouth volare... At this point I think I'll have to register it as a custom vehicle with all the mix matched parts. Any help truly identifying this vehicle would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
Well, first off, you know there's no such thing as a 1968 Plymouth Volare. Volares were around from 1976 to 1980. So I'd suggest you start by finding a better vin decoder. The only difference between an Aspen hood and a Volare hood is the nameplates and trim on it. The hoods themselves are really the same. The model year of your car will be the sixth digit of the VIN. If it's a Volare the VIN will start with an "H" if it's an Aspen it will start with an "N".

Second digit in the VIN should be a letter denoting the trim level.

Third and fourth digits will be numbers indicating the body style. All two door coupes were 29

Fifth digit is the engine. Lots of choices here.

Sixth digit will be the last digit of the model year.

Seventh digit will be the assembly plant that built it. B is Hamtramck, G is St. Louis, F is Newark Delaware.

The last six digits will be numbers indicating the sequence number. Each plant starts at 100001 and goes up from there.

Let us know what you find.

In '79 an A47 is a Youth Utility Package.....whatever that is.....Fun Runner perhaps? A57 should be the Road Runner- R/T package as Super-Cuda stated.
A47 is the Sportwagon Available in 1979 and 1980

Yes it's garbage, original owner said it had a slant 6, I dropped in a 360 and 727 and it broke the ring and pinion on the first test drive.. Currently installing the 9 1/2 from my scrap ram1500, I don't mind 2 different bolt patterns
Why are you surprised by that? The 7¼" rear end couldn't handle a 360 if you pulled four plug wires.

Could a 76 Roadrunner come with a leaning tower of power? 318 or 360, but not a slant six, at least not as far as I know.
It could have any engine offered from the 225-1V to the E58 360-4V.

-
Back