70 dart 470 ci drag car build.

-
The sprag is a bastard to get the inner race in by the way, I kept knocking rollers out but then figured it out.
It is easier for me to put the inner race in first, then place the rollers, then pinch the springs with your fingers and slide them down into place. No fighting the whole mess at one time.

Keep up the good work. I am enjoying the build and looking forward to the track results.

It is easier for me to put the inner race in first, then place the rollers, then pinch the springs with your fingers and slide them down into place. No fighting the whole mess at one time.

Keep up the good work. I am enjoying the build and looking forward to the track results.
Thanks, i will try that next time for sure.

Last edited:
Get yourself one of those transmission stands that slide into your engine stand. Then you can hold your transmission in any angle you desire. Good for rebuilding some rearend pumpkins too. I got mine from Summit

Mine is something like this but if you would google it you would get a lot of ideas. I’m sure a guy as handy as you could make one.

IMG_2877.jpeg

Get yourself one of those transmission stands that slide into your engine stand. Then you can hold your transmission in any angle you desire. Good for rebuilding some rearend pumpkins too. I got mine from Summit
That's a good idea. Eventually I'll build a nice 8 foot long stainless top bench and that mount would be handy.

Thanks for the help Chris and RJ.
I, with their help built a transmission.
Done....next.
A&A reverse manual vb.
Andrews Racing transmission deep pan and filter kit. Very nice pan.
Ultimate bolt in sprag, billet high gear drum, new seals clutches and other stuff
IMG_20240518_170215715.jpg
IMG_20240518_170223447.jpg
IMG_20240518_161319868.jpg

Last edited:
That’s all good and fine but is the dogs play area finished? If not, why are you working on car junk when the dog are in dire straits with no play area.
The dogs were sold this morning so I could buy a can of chew.
But I did get the posts set in concrete this morning so the gate can get installed in case more dogs show up.

The dogs were sold this morning so I could buy a can of chew.
But I did get the posts set in concrete this morning so the gate can get installed in case more dogs show up.

Good plan. More dogs will be coming your way. I have 4 dogs that need to be rehomed immediately.

I may drop them at your place.

Next part I suppose is to get some framing done & the floor done.
Basically the last part I need for the car is a converter and fuel lines. that will probably take a few months before I can afford it but I still have plenty of work to do before it's ready to drive around.

This is going to be some jalopy looking ****, but I promise to do my best. I have no benders, rolls, no fancy tools. Just my brain and body.
I'm starting on the floor after finally figuring something out to be my framing underneath.
I am going to get this section of tunnel built 1st.
IMG_20240519_184439531.jpg
IMG_20240519_184434331.jpg
IMG_20240519_184011522.jpg

Semi fabricated, done for the night but I noticed something between the front safety loop and rear safety loop...theres a lot of room for a broken driveshaft to rip my leg off so I think I might add in a bar between them just in case.
IMG_20240519_194627632.jpg

I went ahead and made a bolt in transmission hump. First I sat out here and made a plan & I love it when it works out the 1st time.
I was out here trying to put my flex plate shield on and my headers do not fit, nor does the dipstick for trans fluid with a mid plate. So anyways I welded up a frame to the fire wall with 1/2 inch square tubing.
Then made a template with construction paper, transfered it to my steel sheet and cut it out with an additional 1/2 inch for flange.
Then I fought it and fought it and then I won.
Also there's plenty of clearance now.
IMG_20240520_135213844.jpg
IMG_20240520_153458605.jpg
IMG_20240520_163410348_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240520_183144368.jpg
IMG_20240520_160544637.jpg
and shadow is such a good boy ...he can't stay away from his daddy.
Black cats matter!!!

Last edited:
-
Back